23: Dance On The Strings

3rd person pov:

The masked stranger covers Hawks in a blanket, and hand him a warm mug of tea.

Hawks:"Thank you sir."

Hawks looks around suspiciously. Since everyone who's been around him. Usually works for Moriarty. Yet the place seems normal.

"Who are you? Sorry if that came off rude. It's rare to find good company these days."

The masked man bows, and his left leg bends behind him like a performer would.

"My name is dabi gray. Pleased to meet you."

Hawks bows his head slight.

"My name is sherlock hawks. So you're a performer? I can tell by how you mannerisms are."

"You flatter me. No I'm just a simple dance teacher, and this is my studio."

The room is an open Floorplan. Every bit of fernicher is on the outer edge of the room. While candle lit chandeliers light the center of the room.

Hawks looks around in amazement.

"If only this place was here months ago. Then maybe."

Dabi walks to where Hawks is standing in the middle of the room. Only to stop short. When he catches Hawks fists balled up, and shaking with rage. As tears drip like a gentle rain.

Dabi:"hawks?"

Sherlock wipes his tears away quickly.

"Sorry, I just lost someone that I'd give my life for. He always wanted us to dance together, but I couldn't dance. I wanted to learn and impress him at our wedding. However the reaper came for him before his time."

Dabi:" Join my class. Let his spirit watch you from above, and celebrate the memories together. That way when your time comes. You can dance eternity away. "

Dabi takes Hawks hand. Leading him to the ballroom floor.

"If life gives you trouble. Use me as your crutch, and show God that he fucked up by taking your beloved away from you!"

Hawks is surprised at how serious dabi is.

"HehehehAHAHAHAH!! You know? You remind me of him. Sure I'll join your class."

"Since your stuck here for awhile. Let's begin your first lesson."

"Yes sir!"

The whole night. Those two dance until sunrise. Everytime Hawks falls. Dabi reaches his hand out. Hawks takes it with determination.

Dabi:"picture yourself on a spiders web. One step off the threads, and you'll fall into its mouth. Twirl your way out to avoid the sides. Then when you reach a dead end. Take the route it wasn't expecting. That way you can jump to safety."

Hawks imagines himself on the web of clues. Weaving through.

Dabi:"entertainment the spider. Only settings it into your own trap. Getting the spider stuck in its own web. As it follows your lead."

As Hawks walks the web of clues. He sees Maher holes that are impassable.

Hawks:"What if it's impossible to continue?"

"If you entertain the spider the way you want him to be. He'll build you a path without knowing that you're leading it on."

Hawks sees the web filling itself out under his feet. Only to snap out of his trance. When he finds himself in dabi's arms.

"You're a natural hawks."

Hawks looks up to see Dabi's masked face. Only to see in the reflection of the chandelier above him. That only his reflection shows. Hawks backs away quickly.

"Y....you're a vampire?"