I parked just down the street from the library and hopped out with the drinks and a few binders in my arms and make my way to the front door,

Luckily someone was just coming out as I went in and they held the door open for me saving me from the embarrassment of trying to open it myself.

I found an empty table near the back of the store, I made three neat piles of all the work, one was stuff I know how to do, the second was the papers that needed to be in ASAP and the third was stuff I have no idea how to do because I'm not even in that class.

20 minutes go by from our original meeting time and still no sign of him.

I eventually started working on my homework since I'm here anyway.

The little bell above the front door rings and low and behold Chase waltzed in carrying a binder and some other supplies.

"Look who decided to join," I say as he takes the seat across from me.

"I know I'm really sorry I'm late, I had to make a quick stop" he explains "got you this as a thank you," he says handing me a Starbucks cup with hot chocolate written on the side.

"What a coincidence, thank you," I say handing him the drink I had gotten him.

"Great minds think alike huh," he says as he takes a drink from his cup.

"Ok so you don't have much to do, I sorted them into three categories.

One is stuff I can do, two is stuff that needed to be done yesterday and the third pile is stuff I have no idea how to do.

"If you need any help let me know but ill be working on my homework, sound good?" I say handing him each pile of work.

About an hour and many snack breaks later I have finished all my homework and Chase finished two of the piles.

He seemed to be feeling a lot better now completely to this morning, maybe my cookies really are magic?

"Shawn just texted he's having a get together at his house in an hour and wants us both to go" he states.

"Both of us?" I ask slightly shocked Shawn even knows my name considering I've been here for a week.

"Of course both of us, unless you don't want to go" he said "He also said you can invite whoever you want to come as well." He added.

"I guess I can go I just don't want to be a burden on anyone's fun" I mumble.

"Sweetheart, listen to me you could never be a burden to me" he says sternly leaving no room for argument.

"Why don't you invite Laura and Violet to join, I think Tyler has a little thing for Laura, we can be match makers" he suggests.

"Ok, I'll tell to meet us there in thirty, does that sound good?" I ask. I'm a horrendous texted it's either too much or way too little no in between.

"Sound good" he says. And I press send they both respond pretty fast with the thumbs up emoji.

"They said yes." I say "Ok, we probably have time to do one more worksheet before we should leave" I suggest.

"No, no more homework my brain is done, how about we play twenty questions?" He says.

I think about for a few seconds before responding "sure I guess so"

"Ok I'll go first, ask away" he says and I start asking all the basic questions like are they a girl, or fictional character.

So far I've narrowed it down to girl, real life, young and not familiar. That could literally be a one at this point.

Hint it ended up being Sophie is younger sister.

We played a few more times and I lost practically all of them, I got the one with Madame Curie.

We drove our separate cars to Shawn's house, which literally looks like a fucking mansion.

I swear everyone in this town is rich, which is totally unfair in my opinion.

———————————————————————————
A/n

Word count (1291)

Hey, sorry for the shorter chapter it's like 11 o clock where I live and I can't seem to keep my eyes open long enough to read through this so if there is mistakes that's why. Have a good night 😴

Pls vote, comment and follow me!!

Quick question: what would you like better, 1 maybe 2 longer chapters a week(up to 2000 words) or what I've been doing 2 to 3 ( little over 1000 words) one's a week. Please let me know

Thank you soo much for 600 almost 700 reads,
love you all so much 😘😘

Thoughts??

—Kay❤️