Chapter 20

It is now Friday, the day before Kara is due to go over to Lena's to have lunch with the omega, so she can be introduced to Lena's two kids. Admittedly, Kara is a bit anxious about meeting Natalie and Ashley, because even though Lena has put no pressure on her meeting her two daughters, Kara is well aware that it's a big deal. Kara knows that as she wants to be very involved with the baby Lena is going to have, moving forward that will mean she will also be spending a lot of time with Natalie and Ashley, and Kara doesn't want the two kids to feel left out or anything, just because she is there, and then for them to resent their new brother or sister. So, Kara does know that this meeting is a big deal, and she has been wracking her brain with ideas as to how she should go about introducing herself to Natalie and Ashley, and whether she should bring something with her. Of course, Lena has told Kara that the only thing she needs to bring with her is herself, but Kara knows when meeting kids, it's always nice to bring something to maybe, sort of, bribe the kids, to get on their good side.

Presently, Kara is sitting at her desk at CatCo, getting on with some work that her boss, Snapper Carl, has assigned to her. However, Kara really isn't making much progress, because her thoughts keep drifting back to her lunch with Lena's family tomorrow.

Soon, Kara is interrupted by her phone ringing. Kara looks at the phone, and she sees that Eliza is calling her, so she answers it.

"Hello?" Kara answers.

"Kara." Eliza says, in a rather firm and a tad annoyed voice, "What is this that I'm hearing from your sister that you're having a baby?"

"Rao's sake, Alex." Kara mutters, realising that her sister must have let something slip to Eliza before she got a chance to tell her adoptive mom.

Even though it has been over a week at this point since Kara found out, the reason she hasn't told Eliza is simply because she has been worried about her reaction. Kara has been worried that Eliza may scold her for being 'stupid', and getting an omega pregnant who is 15 years older than her, while she is only 25 and doesn't have the appropriate tools or resources to look after a child at the moment. That's not to say Eliza is a mean person, or has an attitude like that or anything. Kara knows that it's most likely that Eliza would be really understanding. It's just the alpha's negative thoughts getting the best of her.

"Uhhh...... I'm sorry, Eliza. I know I should have told you sooner. I've just been going through it all in my head. Processing it. I was going to tell you once I did all that." Kara replies.

Eliza sighs in response to Kara.

"Okay. I won't say that I'm not hurt that you didn't tell me sooner. But I understand your reasoning." Eliza replies.

Kara's gut does a little drop at Eliza saying that she's hurt. Ever since Kara first came to live with Eliza, Alex, and Jeremiah, she has never wanted to hurt or disappoint any of them, as they have all done so much for her.

"Sorry." Kara says back.

"It's okay." Eliza says, "Now, tell me more about this alpha who is going to be having my first grandchild."

"Uhhh.... right...." Kara replies, awkwardly, "Well.... firstly..... I guess you need to know that she's older than me. In fact, she's 40."

After Kara says this, she expects Eliza to react negatively upon hearing this, as most people have.

"Okay." Eliza says, plainly.

"Okay?" Kara asks, confused, "I thought you'd be mad that she's 15 years older than me."

"No. Age is just a number honey. Of course, within the law of things. But as long as you are two consenting adults, it doesn't matter to me." Eliza says.