3

It's been a week since the baby shower and I'm at home stressing about something to eat. Our cupboards and fridge are completely empty and I don't have money.

Mom's at work and my sisters and I are hungry. Oh God help me.

"Time to swallow your pride once again Ditey." I tell myself and hear to the door.
"I'm going to Lilly, I'll be back soon." I tell my sisters and they nod, knowing the drill.

Even though my mother works her ass off we don't have enough money for food everyday. I make my way down the street and say a silent prayer as I walk.

Knocking on the door of Lilly and Rose's house I take a deep breath and get my words together.

"Hey girl, come on in!" Rose says with excitement and I smell the alcohol in her breath as she pulls me in for a quick hug.

"Hey umm can I talk to you for a second?" I ask

"Sure come on." She says and pulls me to her bedroom.
"Could you lend me a hundred dollars until the end of the month?" I ask

"Oh honey I don't have money on me. Let me go ask K quickly." She says and opens the door to leave but I stop her.

"No, it's okay I don't want to bother. I'll just go." I say and go down the stairs almost walking into Ares.
"Sorry." I mumble as I walk past him but he grabs my wrist.

"What's wrong Aphrodite?" He asks with worry in his eyes.

"K give me a hundred quickly please." I hear Rose say from the top of their lavish staircase.

"Why?" He asks letting my wrist go immediately and I release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Ditey needs some money to buy food for her and her sisters." She answers and I feel my heart sink. Wht can't the earth just open up and swallow me now?

"I don't have money on me but we can go withdraw some." He says and places his hand on the small of my back.

"No it's fine really, thank you for the offer." I say

"Ditey stop going on like this and take the help, we all know you need it. Go with K." She says clearly annoyed.

"Don't speak to her like that!" Ares says which alarms me.

"I was just... okay I'll shut up." She says and walks past us.

"Come on." He says and i walk out the front door with him following behind me.

"Really thanks buy I got to go." I say not looking at him but he grabs my hand and leads me to his car.

"Get in and buckle up." He commands and like the obedient child I am I obey.

We drive in complete silence until we reach the mall.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask

"What?" He asks

"Helping me." I point out.
"You don't even know me." I say
"Is there something you want from me? A person never just helps someone." I say

"I don't know okay." He says irritated
"Come on." He says and gets out.

I follow behind him into the mall. He turns around and holds out his hand and I look at it slightly confused.

"I won't bite... unless you want me to." He says and i roll my eyes and take his warm hand.

His hands are much bigger than mine and slightly rough with long lean fingers. He intertwines our fingers and we walk hand in hand into the mall. People turn and stare as we walk and I find myself tapping his hand.

"What's wrong Aphrodite?" He asks

"Why are people staring at you?" I ask quietly

"They're surprised that I'm in a mall... with a girl holding my hand. I have a bit of a reputation on this town." He answers

"What's your last name?" I ask and he stiffens next to me.

"Umm King." He says

King? Ares King? Oh my gosh Ares King!

"You're Ares King... the mafia leader Ares King?" I ask

"Yeah, how do you know about that?" He asks

"Like you said, you have a bit of a reputation in this town." I say

"Are you afraid of me?" He asks after a minute.

"No but that scares me. The fact that I'm not afraid of you even though you are the most feared man in America." I say with a frown.
"Why are we in the mall anyway? I just need a hundred." I say sheepishly

"We're buying you some groceries, I can't go home knowing that you haven't eaten." He says

"Thank you mister K." I say with a sigh.

"Just Ares to you." He says with a smirk and I smile.

"Okay Ares." I say and blush.

We buy a lot of stuff, enough to last maybe two months if we use it wisely. I kept taking things out but he would just put it back. In the end the backseat of his Range Rover is full of groceries. We get in the front and my eyes tear up.

"Thank you Ares, I don't know How I'll ever repay you. You have no idea how much this means to me." I say and he wipes my tears away.

"Don't cry koroleva, if you need anything just give me a call. Even if I'm out of the country I'll send someone to you. " he says an I nod.
"Address?" He asks and i give it to him.
(Translation: Queen.)

We pull into my driveway and I walk up to the front door with a few bags in my hands. Ares follows me Into the kitchen as my sisters almost knock me over.

"You got food! I'm so hungry! Who is this uncle?" My sisters say as they jump around.

"Is he your boyfriend? He looks too old." My oldest sister Bethany who is 10 says.

"Girls this is my umm... friend Ares, he bought these things for us now what do we say?" I ask and they all chorus a thank you mister Ares.

"It's a pleasure girls. I'll grab the rest." He says and walks out.

"I'm telling mom you have a boyfriend!" Bethany shouts and runs to the phone. I grab it from her hand.

"He is not my boyfriend! Now be grateful to this nice man for helping us out. I did not raise you like this so I suggest that you let go of that arrogant attitude and fix your face if you know what's good for you." I scold her and her eyes tear up.
"If you dare cry I will woop your ass, you aren't too old little miss perfect." I say and she runs to her room.

I hold my head in my hand an let a sigh loose.

She doesn't like me, that's nothing new but I won't let her walk all over me.

"Damn now I know where to bring the boys if they act up." I hear Ares say behind me

"You have kids?" I ask

"Yeah two boys, Michael and Mark, twins. Their both 12 and they give me hell when they come from their ass of a mother." He says the last part through gritted teeth.

"Thank you again Ares." I say and pull him into a hug.
"Sorry I..." I start after realising what I've done, but his arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me harder against him.

"You deserve so much more." He whispers in my ear.

Oh God what is this man doing to me?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Hey my loves I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Love You All
Vote and Comment
With love from:
~V.T.W
😘