4

We pull apart and i look anxiously at my feet.

"Umm would you like to stay for coffee? Or dinner? My mom would love to meet you." I ask

"Dinner sounds amazing." He says and takes a seat at the kitchen island.

"Girls!" I call out as I take out the bread and make them all pb&j sandwiches with orange juice.
"Deborah please go give Bethany this, she isn't gonna talk to me for a few hours now." I say and give Deborah Bethany's plate and juice.
"She's Bethany's favourite." I tell Ares as he watches the exchange.

"So you look after them?" He asks and i nod as I start chopping vegetables.

"My mother works long hours at the diner downtown and we can't afford a nanny so I look after them. They aren't that much work but when they have their mood swings and throw tantrums." I say with a slight shake of my head.

The rest of the afternoon is spent with me making food that I absolutely love.

For a starter I make: Dolmades with a                      
                                       side of smoked
                                       salmon nibbles.
(Dolmades are usually stuffed vine leaves with s intriguing combination of flavours and is generally a Greek starter.)

The main is: Parsi Dhansak with     
                        broccoli alla parmigiana
                        and a watercress salad .
(Parsi Dhansak is a mixture of Persian and Indian cuisine. Consisting of rich mutton curry with a thick, golden-brown gravy.)

For Dessert: Malva pudding with a
                       side of homemade vanilla
                        ice cream and ginger
                       snaps.
(Malva pudding is a rich golden-brown delight made all across the world.)

I learned so much about Ares in the short three hours of my cooking. He lives two streets from here with his sons, they only visit their mother on weekends if they want to. He is the CEO of the King franchises and apparently he's loaded. My sisters love him especially when he throws them in the air. He's never been married and he doesn't plan on getting married to Lilly which I kind of like.

And he learned quite a bit about me from my sisters who were very eager to share. He now knows that I absolutely love cooking and baking, experimenting with different kinds of foods and flavours. I like reading novels in my free time and the fact that I've always wanted a dog but never got one.

"You know Ditey never brings boys home." Caroline the 6 year old says.

"I wonder Why?" He says looking at me.

"Never had a boy go bring home." I simply answer.

"None of the guys you dated your mother would approve of?" He asks

"I've never dated, had a boyfriend, friends with benefits or even a one night stand I'm as clean as the day I was born and I plan to keep it that way." I tell him.

"Wait... Girls why don't you go watch Netflix?" He asks my sisters

"We don't have Netflix." Deborah says.

"Here." He says and fives her his IPhone

"God please don't break it!" I shout as they walk out of the room.