2

Aphrodite's POV

I wake up to the sunlight shining through my curtain. A quick shower and breakfast later, I'm ready for another day of school.

Being in senior year is not all that it's cut out to be. At least I only have 3 months left then I'm done, and i can go work for my family.

"Ditey! Don't forget your keys!" My mother Isabell calls out. I grab the house keys from her hand and place a quick kiss in her cheek before heading out.

I live in the upmarket part of town, even though our house is the poorest one here. I walk to school everyday while the other kids take the bus or go by car. I don't have the money for that luxury so I'll just make the best with what I've got.

"Hey!" A deep velvet like voice calls out, looking to my left I meet dark grey eyes that take my breath away.

"Hi mister Ares." I say with a polite smile and continue walking.

"Need a ride?" He asks and i shake my head.

"Thanks but I'll be there soon."I say

"Come on, I'm not some serial killer." He says and i roll my eyes.
"I helped you last night so think of it as payment." He says and i find myself getting into the big Range Rover.
"Where do you work?" He asks after I strap myself in.

"I'm still in school, people usually assume that I'm older than I actually am." I say as a matter of fact

"School? How old are you?" He asks

"17, I'm in my senior year though. How about You mister Ares?" I ask

"Just Ares, I'm quite a bit older than you." He says and i nod, looking at his appearance in approval.

He's wearing a royal blue velvet suit, his dark hair falls beautifully on his head, slight black stubble on his jaw and cheeks that give him an edge. Our eyes meet for a fee seconds but he focuses back on the road with a slight smirk on his lips.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask touching my face.

Usually when people laugh or smile after looking at me something is wrong with my face or clothes.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing." He says and i open the window an let the cool air hit my face an I moan in delight.

I hear knuckles crack an I turn my attention back to Ares. He is gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles turn white. He has a few rings on his fingers but the one on his ring finger catches my attention. It is silver with a large ruby in the centre.

"You're married?" I ask a bit too excitedly.

"No I'm not." He answers shortly

"But you have a wedding ring on." I say and point to his hand.

"Family heirloom, not a wedding ring. I've never been married." He says and i nod.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask hesitantly and he nods.
"What were you doing at a baby shower?" I ask. Cause from my experience it's usually only the men of the women invited to the baby showers that are there.

"Lilly is my girlfriend." He says after a slight pause.

Lilly? Oh Lilly. It was her younger sister Rose's baby shower. They are named after flowers cause they own a chain of flower shops all over the state and their mother is an expert florist.

"Oh... so you're the hubby she kept going on about." I say as a fact

"What were you doing there? You're so small." He says

"I was invited and I love a few houses away from them. Rose and I used to be best friend until the 7th grade I think." I say and don't even notice that the car stopped.
"Thanks again, bye bye now." I say politely and hop out.

"Goodbye Aphrodite." He says and my name has never sounded so nice before.

♡♡♡
After school I go home and do what I do everyday. Clean, wash a couple of clothes, cook, help my sisters with their homework, braid their hair and help them bath.

I'm the eldest of 4 daughters. It's me, then Bethany who is 10, after her is Caroline who is 6, and last but not least is Deborah who is 3. Since my mother works so many shifts at the local diner I need to look after them and do all of the house chores.

It's 6:30 pm when the doorbell rings.

"Bethany!" I shout and I hear the front door open from the living room where I'm finishing the last braid on little Deborah's head.

"Hey girl!" I hear an all too familiar voice shout. Rose.

She stands in all her rich glory, wearing a dark green tight dress that shows off her clear belly bump. Versace sunglasses and bag to match.

"Hi, how are you?" I ask and give her a quick hug.

"Fabulous as always, get dressed then you and the girls come over for a little r and r." She says

"It's Monday." I say

"So? Come on, nothing crazy." She promises and I run upstairs for a quick change to a royal blue jumpsuit that makes my already big butt look huge. A pair of silver heels an a clutch to match.

As soon as we get to their house my sisters run off into the house. They're here almost every weekend along with the other kids in the street. Rose and I go to the backyard where a few people are seated.

"Ditey!" Lilly calls out and waves her hand in the air. I make my way over to her and take a seat across from her.
"Baby! Come here!" She shouts clearly drink already. She's 28 already but drunks like she's about to die he same goes for Rose who is only 24.

Ares takes the seat next to her and she immediately sits on his lap and kisses his cheek. My heart stings at the small movement and I wonder why.

She's his girlfriend! Not me. Not that I want to be!

"K, this is my neighbour Ditey, girl this is my hubby K." She introduces and runs her hands up and down his muscular chest.

"K?" I ask confused

"Yeah, he doesn't like it when people says his name." She explains.

"Nice to meet you Ditey." He says and puts out his hand for me to shake which makes a tiny vjip of my heart break off.

"You too K." I say.

I sit and listen to Rose and Lilly talk about their lavish lives. Ares leaves a few minutes later and I go back home with the kids around 8pm.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Hey my loves I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Love You All
Vote and Comment
With love from:
~V.T.W
😘