i don't really want to be alone, anymore..

"I saw you once, before we met... Again." She told Remus. The pair were sharing a pot of coffee, it was kind of snowing outside, not fully. More like slush. They had been locked away in his office all morning, listening to music and reading.

"When?" Remus mumbled into his mug.

"My third year." She told him. "In the Mirror of Erised. Harry found it and showed me it. I didn't know who you were at the time, and you seemed younger in the reflection than you were when I first met you on the train."

He looked at her.

"I also didn't have my scars, and there was a full moon behind me."

"Was it only once?" He asked

"There was this one time, but Dumbledore caught me." She sighed, "But, he wasn't mad."

"No?" He asked

"No he kept going on and on about wool socks.." She laughed.

"Is that why you gave him a pair before break?" Remus chuckled, she nodded.

"He said, It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts. And, I don't know. It kind of broke my heart."

"Why?" His eyebrows furrowed, his eyes went soft.

"I taught myself how to do my makeup when I was 11, after most of the kids in my class stared at my scars. I don't know, I just feel so bloody inferior."

"I think you're the most beautiful person I've ever met." He tells her.

"You have to, you're my.." She pauses, "You're Remus."

He sighs at how she can't call him her father to his face yet.

"It's just hard.. Angelina wears these gorgeous dresses, and Alicia can't wait till it's warm so she can wear shorts, while I hide my body. It's dumb, I know."

"I understand," Remus smiles, "Why do you think I'm always in these sweaters."

August shrugs. Remus watches her closely.

"What's going on? Ever since the night of the match you've been off.. Are you afraid that Sirius will come back?"

"No," August can feel the heat in her body when she hears his name, "it's nothing. Just not excited for the next full moon, is all."

"We're just a few days out, it'll be over before you know it.." He reminds her, "I'll tell Professor Snape I've spilled my last batch. He can make me more, and you can have a full dose."

August was about to accept when she saw a black mass run into the forest outside Remus' window.

"You're fucking kidding me." She got up, startling the man.

"What?!" He looked behind him.

"Nothing.." She groaned, "I have to go. Sorry.. Thanks for the coffee."

"August?" He called after her.

"I'll see you later!" She called back to him, slamming the door behind her. She sprinted down the corridor and out of the castle. Ignoring the calls she was receiving from her friends and other classmates. She made it to the edge of the forest, taking a deep breath and following where the dog had just run.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" She screamed, picking up a fallen branch and chucking it across the opening she was in, "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

Sirius came running out from behind a tree and found August fuming. Her face had blotches of red patches and her eyes were glossy with tears that had not yet fallen. Her chest was rising and falling, her nostrils flaring.