i don't trust death eaters

August was leaning against the counter with a mug sandwiched between her hands, peering over at George reading the morning paper. They'd barely spoken since Bill's attack, and half the time she found a reason to sleep somewhere else or picked up more night missions to keep her distance from the twins.

George smirked, a mischievous smirk when he peered over the edge of the prophet. He knew that she was not ignoring him on purpose, he completely understood that she felt guilty over his brother. He hid his face with the paper when he took notice of her outfit. The outfit she had on when Fred was still home was not the one she was currently wearing. She was in one of George's dress shirts and that was all. He looked over the paper again and then their eyes caught. She quickly looked away and pretended to admire the spoon on the counter.

"I knew what I was getting into when I married you." He said and August's eyes snapped back up toward him.

"And what exactly is it?" August swallowed hard.

"That no matter what you promise, you still are a runner." He smiled at her, "Always have been. Our first kiss you ran from me."

"YOU SAID THANK YOU!" She didn't realize how loud she was, but it made George laugh. He folded the paper and placed it gently on the table. Her breath caught when he slowly got up from his chair and walked over to her.

"I did, didn't I." He smirked, walking closer to her, looking her up and down. There was a sense of pride that washed over his body when he saw her throat tense from swallowing again. He was so close to her, that their chests were touching. He caressed the top of her head, and slowly set his hands on either side of her. "You can't run now."

"I can disapparate." She teased, looking up at him through her brows. In a swift motion, he grasped her wrist.

"Not without me." He said in a dark tone. He lowered himself to her ear and whispered, "What if I said I can have you crying thank you by the time I get you to the bed."

"What are you on about?" She tried to pull her arm away, but he just pulled her against him. His free arm grabbed her back and he pulled her up and placed her on the kitchen counter.

"What are you on about?" He smirked at her, holding her waist tightly. "Eh?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." She tried to hide her smile.

"You weren't wearing this little number an hour ago." His mouth was so close to her ear, it caused goosebumps to erupt over her entire body.

"Do you have any idea how much I want you, August Moon?" He whispers. Her breath hitched. She could not take her eyes off his. He reached up and gently ran his fingers down her cheek to her chin, and tilts it up to him. He watched as her eyes grew dark and the way she smirked, he knew she wasn't giving up easily.

"And who says I'll give you-" She shrieked with laughter when he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder and ran them to their bedroom. She was laughing and hitting his back, and what finally got her to quiet down was when he pulled the dress shirt up a bit over her bum and smacked her. He threw her on their bed and stared down at her.

"I don't think I heard you properly back there. What did you say?" He asked.

"When did you get so confident?" She teased, pushing herself up on her elbows. And in the second that she flipped her hair from her face and over her shoulder, he was crawling onto the bed and hovering over her.

"Please." He was practically begging now. And that lust, dark look she had turned into pure love with her soft smile.

"Oh, you're so easy." She laughed, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down on her.