he betrayed her

It looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship. August watched as Harry tried to make them up, but they were so angry with one another.

"What's happened to the trio?" August asked the twins one morning. She watched the boys walk in for breakfast, completely ignoring the girl at the end of the table.

"The cat finally got Scabbers." Fred told her.

August gasped, "When?"

"Last night during your rounds," George told her, "Ron came downstairs like a bloody lunatic, screaming with his bedsheet."

"He found blood on it." Fred added.

"Finally get his period?" August joked, causing the twins to laugh.

"That's what I said!" George laughed

"Why is Harry ignoring her too? I thought Harry and Hermione made up? Didn't he get his broom back?"

"Yeah, but she thinks that Harry is taking Rons side on this, and they got in a fight."

The boys sat down next to August and the boys, and she couldn't help feeling sorry for the boy, even though she hated the thing.

"Come on, Ron. You were always saying how boring Scabbers was." Fred told him, "And he's been off-color for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably best for him to snuff it quickly. One swallow- he probably didn't feel a thing."

"Fred!" August warned him

"All he did was eat and sleep, Ron. You said it yourself." George added, earning an elbow in the side from August.

"He bit Goyle for us once." Ron said miserably, "Remember Harry?"

"Yeah, that's true." said Harry

"His finest hour," August raised her mug in the air. Fred and George joined her, unable to keep a straight face, "Let the scar on Goyles's finger stand as a lasting tribute to his memory."

"HERE, HERE!" The twins chanted.

"Oh, come on Ron. Go down to Hogsmeade this weekend and buy yourself a new rat." George said.

"Why don't you come down to the pitch and watch us practice? The game is coming up, maybe you can try out my broom." Harry offered.

Ron lit up, "Moon, come with? Sit with me in the stands!"

"I'm okay." August chuckled into her coffee

"But my rat died." Ron pouted at her. She turned to the rest of the boys for help, but all of them, even Harry, were pouting at her.

"Ugh! Fine!" She grumbled into her tea.

"Maybe you can try out my broom too?!" Harry offered

"Yeah, if you want her in hospital for a week." Fred laughed, receiving a kick to the shin under the table.

-----

game day

At a quarter to eleven, the common room was buzzing with students painting their faces, scarlet and gold and adding last minute touch ups on posters. All of August's friends were already down at the pitch in the changing rooms, except for Lee.

"Join me today." Lee smiled, hoping off the last step from his dorm, "I don't know why I've never asked you to join me as a commentator."

"Because I'm shit at sport, I don't know the rules." August laughed, pulling a red jumper over her head with the letter G stitched to the front. Lee smiled at her.