head girl purposes

"We've come up with an idea." The fifth-year trio was sitting in front of August in the library one morning. Hermione looked particularly nervous to even bring this up to the head girl, but also the three of them were terrified to tell August they were about to break more rules.

"Will this cause students to be petrified?" August looked up from her homework.

"No..." Harry said

"Could help protect from that." Ron pointed out.

"You haven't stolen some magical stone again?"

"No," Hermione said.

"I'm not going to end up tortured in some graveyard?" Harry's face went white, staring at her with wide eyes.

"No..." He said.

"Will you get in trouble for this?"

"Probably." They all said. August sighed, putting her pen down.

"What is it?"

The three of them looked at each other and then back at August. "It was Hermione's idea!" Ron blurted out.

"Thanks, Ron..." Hermione scoffed, "She's an awful woman,"

"Umbridge?"

"Awful. You know, I was just saying to the boys earlier... we've got to do something about her."

"I suggested poison," said Ron grimly.

"I could brew it." August shrugged.

"No . . . I mean, something about what a dreadful teacher she is, and how we're not going to learn any defense from her at all," said Hermione. "I was thinking that — maybe the time's come when we should just — just do it ourselves."

"Ourselves?" August asked suspiciously.

"Well — learn Defense Against the Dark Arts ourselves," said Hermione.

"I think it's a bad idea," Ron chimed in, "I mean, that's more work! D'you realize Harry and I are behind on homework again and we are not even close to Christmas!"

August turned to Harry, "You're behind on your homework?!"

"Ron is." Harry lied, giving Ron a knowing look. Saying this in front of Hermione is one thing, but saying that Harry was behind in his schoolwork in front of August is scarier than when Jade is mad at August.

"We can't do much by ourselves," said Ron in a defeated voice. "I mean, all right, we can go and look jinxes up in the library and try and practice them, I suppose —"

"No, I agree, we've gone past the stage where we can just learn things out of books," said Hermione. "We need a teacher, a proper one, who can show us how to use the spells and correct us if we're going wrong."

"You want me to call up my dad?" August joked. But by the way, the three of them were looking at her, she backed away.

"No." August pushed herself up from her chair, picking up all her books, "I'm not getting involved."

"I'd also help with the teaching, I know how to do a Patronus!" Harry said.

"Yeah, so do I." August walked past them, "I taught myself."

"That's why we need you!" Hermione ran after her.

"Do you all realize that if we were to get caught, and she finds out that I was helping, even just be in this little club... It's not just detention for me and a few lines... I'm not done yet, I know I probably won't make it to the end of the year with her making all these rules. I am bound to be expelled, but I will not be expelled for this. I will go out on my own accord!"