i'll take that as a no.

"So!" said Dumbledore, smiling around at them all. "Now that we are all fed and watered, I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices."

"Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it."

"How many of those things are in your trunks right now?" August asked the twins, but they only replied with cheeky grins.

The corners of Dumbledore's mouth twitched. He continued,

"As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the rounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third years. It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

"What?" Harry gasped.

"It's not the end of the world Harry." August laughed, and then looked up at Fred and George, the fellow members of the Quidditch team. They were mouthing soundlessly at Dumbledore, apparently too appalled to speak.

"Cat got your tongue?" August pinched George's cheek.

"Shut up, August." George bit his smile.

Dumbledore went on, "This is due to an event that will start in October, and continue throughout the school year, taking up much of the teacher's time and energy — but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts —"

But at that moment, there was a deafening rumble of thunder and the doors of the Great Hall banged open.

A man stood in the doorway, leaning upon a long staff, shrouded in a black traveling cloak. Every head in the Great Hall swiveled toward the stranger, suddenly brightly illuminated by a fork of lightning that flashed across the ceiling. He lowered his hood, shook out a long mane of grizzled, dark gray hair, then began to walk up toward the teachers' table.

"Is that Mad-Eye?" August gasped

"Must be," said Ron in a low, awed voice.

"What happened to him?" Hermione whispered. "What happened to his face?"

"Dunno," Ron whispered back, watching Moody with fascination.

George felt August tense next to him.

"I think his scar is cool," George whispered to her. She gave him a tight lip smile, knocking her shoulder into his.

Moody seemed totally indifferent to his less-than-warm welcome. Ignoring the jug of pumpkin juice in front of him, he reached again into his traveling cloak, pulled out a hip flask, and took a long draught from it.

Dumbledore cleared his throat.

"As I was saying," he said, smiling at the sea of students before him, all of whom were still gazing transfixed at Mad-Eye Moody, "we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. I am pleased to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're JOKING!" said Fred Weasley loudly.

The tension that had filled the Hall ever since Moody's arrival suddenly broke. Nearly everyone laughed, and Dumbledore chuckled appreciatively.

"Shut up!?" August laughed, shaking George, "When Ced said a tournament, I didn't know he meant the Triwizard one!"

George giggled like a maniac at her excitement, "Your mum is going to be mad at you, isn't she?"