what does this mean?

"So I had a thought," Fred said, as he and George watched August push the food around her plate at dinner that night.

"That's a first." August laughed. Fred scoffed.

"What Fred was saying," George laughed, "We think you should come work for us when we get the store going... We went and saw some potential places today after we left the hospital yesterday"

"You want me to work at the joke shop?" August looked up at them. Both of their hands went to her mouth, covering it when Molly walked in.

"Not so loud!" Fred hissed, "But, yes." He nodded with a smile, "We do."

"I mean, is that a good idea?" August eyed them, "I mean, you could lose customers if they found out a werewolf worked for you."

"We wouldn't want their business in the first place if that was the case." George said simply, "Just think about it."

"Maybe," August shrugged, "I talked to my mum, and it took some motivation, but... She said I can go full time with the Order."

George's smile fell, but Fred's grew bigger.

"Shut up!" Fred laughed, "They're letting you in! Not fair, mum won't let us."

"It was going to happen one day, I mean they let me sit in all the meetings when I'm here. And Tonks gives me updates whenever she can."

"Does that mean you'll go on missions?" George asked.

"Yeah," August said, she flashed him a gentle smile, "Tonks is excited, she keeps telling me in her letters to drop out already."

"That's so cool." Fred laughed, "Ugh, maybe we should keep bugging mum, George."

"Yeah," George said, watching Fred get up to help his mother with the dishes, "So cool..."

"I'll be safe," August told him, squeezing his thigh.

"I mean, it's not till you graduate right? Like you're not seriously thinking of dropping out?"

"Aren't you?" August laughed, "I know what you have planned... You talk in your sleep, George."

"But we are different," George said, "You're smart. You love school."

"Loved." August corrected him quietly. "But no, I am not dropping out."

"Good," George said, finally smiling, "At least I have a few months to get my brain around all this. I have some time now, and you going on missions is only a thought, right?"

"Yeah," August kind of smiled, "Only a thought..." She whispered when he got up.

She watched George cross the kitchen with cautious eyes until he went behind Sirius and he caught her eye. He winked at her and nodded toward the door.

"Is he here?" August asked as her and Sirius escaped into the hall.

"Not yet," Sirius rubbed the back of his head, "Molly is having Bill bring the kids home for a bit to grab some things for Arthur. Get them out of the house for an hour or two for the meeting..."

"Then he'll come."

"Yeah," Sirius said,

"Is this a good idea?" August asked, "I mean, after yesterday... Should mum and dad have to even think about this?"

"Probably not," Sirius chuckled, dryly, "But, there isn't really a good time to talk about their daughter's first mission..."

"Right..." August sighed. She could see her mother sitting in the parlor, staring off at the fireplace. Remus was standing outside the door, staring in at her. He hadn't even realized, Sirius and August were in the same hall as him.