that scares me

The pair promised August that they would not tell a soul that they knew about her, which meant George. She made them promise her that they wouldn't tell George, or even acknowledge her when she's getting close to a full moon. She didn't want to deal with that, not until she figured out a way to tell Fred. And that was a lot harder than she thought.

For about a week after finding out that most of her friends knew her secret, she tried to bring it up to him.

"Why are you staring at me, Moon?" Fred asked

"No reason." She sighed, looking down at her book quickly.

"Do you have a crush on me?" He teased, "I know I look like George, but you-"

"Piss off." She rolled her eyes

"You good?" He asked, pulling her book away from her, "It's just us."

It was just them, this was the only class either of them had without anyone else. No one else wanted to take Magical Theory again with them, but Fred and August knew it would be an easy pass.

"You're my best friend, right?" She asked

"What did you do?" His eyes softened, "Does this have to do with George? He feels terrible about the other day."

"No, we made up. We're fine."

"Thank Merlin's backside for that." Fred leaned back in his chair, "Terrible to watch you two have a row."

August rolled her eyes at him, pulling her book back in front of her.

"Come on, Moon." He leaned forward again, reaching across the table at her. "You can tell me anything."

"It's just, well.." He could tell she was getting flustered, "Fred, I really need to tell you something. Something really important.."

"Okay." He nodded at her with a big smile, "You can tell me."

"I, um.." She realized now, telling him that she was a werewolf in the middle of their Magical Theory class was not it. "I don't like your new haircut."

He stared at her, not because of her comment but because of the face she made after saying it. In Fred's mind, it looked like she was trying to hold in a fart.

"Noted." He nodded.

"Yep." She said, pulling her book in front of her face, so he wouldn't see her scolding herself for what she just said.

And then there was another time. It was pretty late in the night, and no one was in the common room when August came out of the Gryffindor prefect bathroom and ran into Fred.

"Oh!" She yelped, hugging the towel against her, "You're awake! Why are you awake!?"

"I had to use the bathroom and Lee was in ours!" He covered his eyes with both his hands. "I didn't see anything, I promise!"

He did, but not like any body parts. It was her skin. She's usually in long sleeves and pants, but this time she was only in a towel. So he saw the scars on her legs, which he didn't know were there and the large scar across her chest, that's usually hidden by shirts, which again, he didn't know was there.

"It's fine! Hold on." She ran back into the bathroom, putting on her old clothes which she hated, because now she felt dirty again. "Sorry, I forgot my pajamas upstairs. I thought I'd be fast enough before anyone saw me."

"Are you okay?" Fred asked, looking down at her legs which were covered by her tights again.

"My mum doesn't hurt me!" She said very quickly, "She didn't do this to me!"