go read a book

August woke up sharing a bed with two very hungover twins, Christmas morning. Fred was practically hanging off the end of her bed, while George hogged all the pillows. August sprawled out across the middle of the bed with her legs on Fred's back and her head on George's stomach. All of them sprang up, grabbing their heads in pain when Sirius came barging into her very dark room, ripping the curtains open, singing "God Rest Ye Merry, Hippogriffs" at the top of his voice.

"Oh, god..." Fred groaned, covering his eyes.

"Ah ha!" Sirius laughed, lifting an empty wine bottle up off the floor, "You took the muggle way out..." He looked at his foot, noticing two other bottles, "you all had your own bottle?"

"Sirius," August said sharply, "Get out."

"I missed you, little moon." Sirius laughed, messing up her hair. "No, you all slept in. It's Christmas, go splash some cold water in your face and get your arses downstairs." He laugh walking to the door, as he reached the landing of the stairs, "Or I'll send your mothers up here."

The three of them all jumped out of the bed and ran to August's bathroom. George and August had their faces over the sink, while Fred just jumped in the shower, fully clothed, and turned on the cold water.

"What are you three doing?!" Harry, Ron, and Hermione were peering their heads in through her door from the hallway.

"They're clearly hungover..." Hermione scoffed, walking over to her bed, and picking up an empty bottle, "My mum loves this wine."

"Let's get this over with." August grudgingly said, pulling the twins down.

"We'll meet you down there, we just have to finish wrapping some gifts..." Harry side-eyed Ron.

"What! I forgot!"

"You forgot it was Christmas?" Hermione asked

"Leave me alone, I made one mistake..." Ron scoffed running off to his room.

Just as August and the twins made it to the kitchen, they were expecting to be yelled at for drinking but rather found Molly sobbing with an unwrapped gift in her hand.

"Mum?" George called.

"Per-Percy-cy-cy-" She choked, "Se-se-sent his gift ba-back..."

"That arse..." Fred hissed, walking over to his mother and hugging her.

"Percy's nothing more than a humongous pile of rat droppings —" George started but was interrupted by more sobs from Molly.

"Why don't you three head back upstairs, we can do gifts in a little bit..." Jade said as Remus walked over to Molly.

"Probably best..." Fred sighed. George grabbed August's hand the three of them apparated back upstairs to Harry and Ron's room.

Harry had just opened two of his gifts, one from Hermione and one from Dobby. She had given him a book that resembled a diary, except that it said things like "Do it today or later you'll pay!" every time he opened a page. And Dobby gave him a truly dreadful painting, that Harry suspected had been done by the elf himself. He had just turned it upside down to see whether it looked better that way.

"Merry Christmas," said George. "Don't go downstairs for a bit."

"Why not?" said Ron.

"Mum's crying again," said Fred heavily. "Percy sent back his Christmas jumper."

"Without a note," added George. "Hasn't asked how Dad is or visited him or anything. . . ."

"We tried to comfort her," said Fred, moving around the bed to look at Harry's portrait. "Told her Percy's nothing more than a humongous pile of rat droppings —"