Chapter 44 - The Worry

Ayla's eyes widen upon hearing what Kenyon just said. 

"What? I didn't see him come out of the bathroom" Ayla asked, her voice slightly raised in panic. 

Kenyon stared her in shock. "Do you think he went back to the bookstore?" 

"I'm not sure. Why don't you go and check it out? I'll check the bathroom. Meet me here if he's not there" Ayla said.  

Kenyon nodded and ran towards the bookstore. Ayla turned to go inside the bathroom but paused. She can't go inside a boy's bathroom! She slammed her palm over her face for not thinking this earlier. She turned the other side but Kenyon was already gone. There weren't anyone around her, so she took a deep breath and went inside, hoping to not see anything she doesn't want to see. 

"Rogan" Ayla called out once she was inside. 

A man who just came out of one of the toilet let out a yelp upon looking at her.

"Sorry" Ayla muttered. "Rogan. Rogan are you in here?" 

"Woah, girl. This is the boys bathroom" A man said, shocked to see her in. 

"I'm sorry. Did you see a little boy wearing all black coming in here?" Ayla asked.

"No, I didn't. I'm sorry" The guy said. 

"Hey, aren't you Ayla?" Another guy asked from behind. Ayla's eyes widen as she quickly made her way out of the boys bathroom. She was definitely gonna make the headlines tomorrow if she continues to linger here.

"Kenyon, did you find him?" Ayla asked as Kenyon came running towards her outside the bathroom.

"No, I searched the whole store" Kenyon said, gasping for breath from all that running. 

"Oh god" Ayla breathed. She was getting really worried for him. "Okay, okay. Let's stick together and go find for him" 

Kenyon held her hand and they both ran around the mall, trying to find for Rogan. They searched in every shop, going in and out, yelling for Rogan. They spotted Declan when they walked into a restaurant. 

"Declan!" Ayla called out, running up to him. 

"Woah, woah, why are you running?" Declan asked, surprised to see Ayla and Kenyon all sweaty and anxious. 

"Did you see Rogan?" Ayla asked, gasping for breath as she leans against the table. 

Declan stared at her for a moment, blinking to see if she was serious. "No? I thought he was with you?"

"He was. He went to the bathroom and I didn't see him coming out and now he's missing" Ayla said, her eyes were glassy. 

"You lost my brother?" Declan asked, standing up.

"I'm sorry. Please, help us find him" Ayla pleaded. 

"Sorry? You lost my brother and you said you are sorry?" Declan raised his voice. 

Ayla hang her head low, her tears scrolling down her cheeks. She couldn't believe how careless she has been. 

"Dec, we have no time to argue. We need to find Rogan" Kenyon cuts in. He couldn't bare to see Ayla getting scolded when it wasn't her fault and the tears on her cheeks just pierced through his heart. 

"If anything happens to my brother, I swear you'll wish you weren't born" Declan warned before storming out of the restaurant, leaving Ayla and Kenyon behind. 

Ayla couldn't control her tears anymore as they fall off her cheeks, doesn't seem like stopping anytime near. 

"Hey, relax. We'll find him, okay?" Kenyon comforted, rubbing her arm.