Chapter 4 - The New Guy

Ayla was getting ready for university when there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in" Ayla yelled from inside as she adjusted her hair.

The door opened to reveal Cameron already dressed up for class. 

"Hey Cammy. You ready for class?" Ayla asked.

"Yeah, uh well, about that" Cameron said, tapping his fingers together in an unordered rhythm.

"What's wrong? Why you look so tensed?" Ayla asked, not turning around, instead looking at him through the mirror.

"Uh, about your car, uh, it's actually uh" Cameron trailed away, looking restless as ever. He was sweating in a fully air conditioned room.

"What's wrong, Cammy? Tell me already" Ayla said.

"I might uh sorta crashed it a little" Cameron said, closing his eyes, ready for any unexpected reactions that Ayla might throw. But the reaction that Ayla gave was the total opposite.

"Crashed? Oh my god, what happened? Cammy are you okay? Are you hurt?" Ayla asked, full of concern.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, but your car uh. It's not, uh, well, why don't you take a look at it yourself" Cameron said.

Ayla and Cameron rushed downstairs to the garage where all their cars were parked and Ayla almost collapsed to find her car was crippled at the engine part.

"Holy cow" Ayla cursed.

"I'm sorry" Cameron apologized.

"What did you do?" Ayla asked.

"Gage and I were coming home after our night out last night and there was a dog running across the car and when I wanted to avoid it, I accidentally hit the lamp post in front of our house" Cameron said, he looked like he was gonna cry. "I'm sorry, Ayla. It was an accident. Please don't be mad" Cameron apologized.

Ayla sighed. It was her first and favorite car. It was the car that Kane gave her on her birthday. "Well, as long as you're safe"

"Oh thank you, Ayla" Cameron hugged her. "I thought you'd be mad"

"Well, past is past. And plus, it's just an accident" Ayla shrugged. She could never get mad on Cameron. He was the only one who'd talk to her right now. If it were someone else, she would have gotten mad. It was her favorite car, her only car. Her first car that Kane gifted her last year for her birthday.

"I promise to get it fixed" Cameron said.

"No it's okay. I'll call some guys to come pick it up" Ayla said, patting his shoulder.

"So I don't have to fix it?" Cameron asked, a slight hint of relief. Fixing a Mercedes could cost a fortune and Shawn would kill him if he found out he crash Ayla's car.

"No, but you gotta buy me donuts after class" Ayla said with a smirk.

"Deal" Cameron smiled.

"But first, how do we get to class right now?" Ayla asked. 

Usually Hunter would drop her and Cameron everyday but lately, well, he's busy I guess?

"We could use the train?" Cameron suggested

"Is there a train now?" Ayla asked.

"There's a train from Stamford to New Haven in an hour. We could make it to class just in time" Cameron suggested.

"Right. Why don't you book a cab for us and we'll head there right away?" Ayla asked.

"Roger that, captain" Cameron winked, walking out of the garage.