Chapter 43 - The Feud Is Still On

It's been 2 weeks since Ayla and Stephanie live in New York and it's been two weeks since Ayla has seen anyone other than the McMahons and her mother. She hasn't seen her friends, her colleagues, most importantly her dad. She hasn't workout a lot. Mostly she'd train her arms just to stay in shape since she can't strain her legs. Kenyon and Rogan would join her in training. Every evening after they finished school and are done with their homework, Kenyon and Rogan would train with her. Ayla would teach them how to wrestle although Kenyon seems like he barely needs them. 

She mostly taught them the basics and very few harder moves. They both are really fast learners and are really athletic. After their workout session, they'd all lay at their backyard with ice packs over their sore bodies, depending on what workout they did. It's been a daily routine for them already. 

Every morning, she would go to rehab. Shane would drop her on his way to office. She'd be back before lunch and would then attend her classes online. She adapted online classes ever since her road to WrestleMania. She would occasionally go to physical class if she had anything important or needed to submit things. Otherwise, she would be attending online classes. Ever since she moved to New York, she hasn't been to physical class. She really misses her friends. Cameron, Gage and Cassy. 

Cameron called her a few times in the week. So did Gage. The boys really seem to miss her. Cassy on the other hand, surprisingly didn't give her a call at all. Ayla tried to call her a few times but she always told that she was busy and would call her back later. Of course, it didn't happen at all. 

Luke called her a few times too, telling how lonely he was without his gym buddy. 

Hunter would call every single day. Usually he calls at night before they go to sleep. He would even call a few times a day. He seems to be really lonely at home. His two, well, three girls now, are 100 miles away from him. Luckily he is traveling a lot more now since Stephanie is off duty, so Hunter needs to attend things for Stephanie's behalf too. He had twice the amount of work and traveling than before, so he doesn't really get a chance to miss them a lot since he has a lot on his plate. However, he never misses to give them a call before he goes to bed every night. 

Marissa and Ayla had grown closer lately. Whenever Marissa isn't having anything important, Ayla and Stephanie would go shopping with her. They wouldn't exactly buy anything, mostly they would just go on window shopping. Sometimes not even shopping, just a long ride around the town or a visit to the park would do. They'd get ice creams and have donuts, just a usual girls day out. 

Stephanie had been craving for ice cream and potato chips a lot lately. Her mother who usually eats clean as ever, finally has started to eat junk food, just to satisfy her cravings. It was a little shocking for Ayla when Stephanie first asked for potato chips.

Just so you know, Hunter and Stephanie never ever eat junk food. They would once in a while get ice cream or donuts but they would never eat junk food, especially not fast food. They eat clean, even Ayla wonders how could they restrain themselves from them. They'd buy junk food for Ayla but they'd control her junk food intake as well. 

Hunter couldn't help but laugh when Ayla first told this to him. It seems that Hunter and Stephanie made a pact so many years ago, on whoever eats junk food first would have to buy the other something that they asked for, something expensive and it seems like Stephanie had lost, so Hunter has started listing things he wants from her. Its been more than 8 years since they both made a pact and now, Hunter has won it, so it was really satisfying for Hunter. 

Shane was the victim since he had to go out and buy potato chips for Stephanie no matter the time and how busy he was. Stephanie's mood swings are really a wreck lately. She gets really sensitive and would cry for the smallest things. At the end of the day, Ayla was the one who needs to comfort her. Not that she mind. She understood her mood swings and would say absolutely anything to cheer her up back.