Chapter 39 - The Second Girl

Ayla and Hunter spent a day out together. No one else, just the two of them. Shawn eventually bought her a knee brace that was specially made for her knee injury type so it made it easier for her to walk with minimal pain. There was still pain in her knee but it wasn't as much. She couldn't really walk fast or walk for too long. Hunter would give her a piggy back ride whenever her knee hurts. They figured they both needed the time together more than ever. They needed to fix their relationship a lot, pick up where they left. 

The boys left two days after WrestleMania. Shawn and Kev are still here with their family. Kev will be leaving tomorrow and Shawn would be leaving the day after with Ayla, Hunter and Stephanie along. It was an emotional goodbye for everyone since the last they saw Ayla was at the hospital. Ayla was only discharged yesterday after they all had left. Hunter had taken a week off to stay with Ayla. He'd attend important meetings online but otherwise, he had all his duty thrown out of the window for the week. Right now, his main priority was Ayla. He decided that they both would go on a day out together since they wouldn't be having any plans for today. 

The two went around the city of New Jersey, going on a long drive, stopping at parks, walking around the mall, visiting a petting zoo and getting food and more food. The both had a blast the whole day. It was half past 6 in the evening when Ayla and Hunter stopped at a beach to watch the sunset. They both just love enjoying sunsets. They used to do it all the time back at Connecticut where they'd get a perfect view of the sunset each time they're at home. The love they both have for nature is what brought them closer in the first place.

Hunter bought her an ice cream while they both sat on a rock, looking at the sunset. Ayla had her feet dipped into the water. Waves would pushed her legs back whenever it comes towards the shore. 

"You want some?" Ayla asked, showing her cup of ice cream. 

Hunter's eyes widen upon looking at the ice cream. It was yam flavor. He loves ice cream but just not yam. He recalled what happened last year when he unwillingly took in a spoon of disgusting yam ice cream the day right before her birthday party. It was hell. He often wonders how on earth does she even eats that thing when he finds it absolutely disgusting.

"No thank you" Hunter shook his head.

Ayla shrugged and helped herself with a yummy cup of yam ice cream. 

Hunter fiddled with the rope of his bracelet as he plays with his thoughts. There was something he needs to talk to her. They have had a great day and the last thing he ever wanted to do was to ruin it. He carefully arranged his words before looking at her. 

"Ayla" Hunter called after some time

"Yes daddy?" Ayla asked, her eyes not taking off her ice cream. 

"Your mother told me something important today" Hunter said.

"Doesn't she always?" Ayla teased, the two chuckling. 

"Of course she does. I mean, she told me that she'd considered about stepping away for the time being until her labor" Hunter said.

"That's great, daddy! I mean, I kinda get worried for her since she moves a lot. It's probably best if she stays in a place at least until the baby is out, you know what I mean?" Ayla said.

"Yes, yeah I totally get what you're saying. I said the same thing too. Thankfully she agreed to it. There's like another 3 months to her labor. She definitely needs to step away from all that travelling and all. Of course, you know your mother. She still wants to take care of duties by herself. Just that she won't be at live events or travelling and all" Hunter said.

"Sounds like mom, alright" Ayla chuckled. Hunter couldn't help but chuckle as well. Stephanie is one of a kind. She never fails to amuse him even up to date.