Chapter 30 - The Disaster

It has been three days since Ayla was concussed. She had recovered from her blurry vision and nausea feeling but she was still having a little memory problem and had light headache. 

Hunter and the boys were worried for Ayla as she was gonna have an important match this week and she hadn't even trained for it yet. 

"Baby, do you remember that you're having an important match this week?" Hunter asked, running a hand through her hair. 

"What match?" Ayla asked.

"You're having a match with Zelina Vega again this week. Any idea?" Hunter asked.

"Really? How come nobody told me?" Ayla asked.

Hunter sighed. "I told you the other day before you were concussed, Ayla" Hunter said.

"I was concussed?" Ayla asked, looking clueless as ever.

"Never mind. After your MRI today, we're gonna train you for your match, okay?" Hunter asked to which Ayla nodded. 

"Come on. We have to make a move" Hunter said as he helped Ayla up. He held her close as she limped down the stairs, making her way to his car. Her knees were still painful from the attack the other day. So Hunter decided that she would need a full body scan just to make sure she has no other injuries before her match. She had taken her steroids before her MRI as she was required to. Hunter drove straight to the hospital and the nurses helped Ayla onto a wheelchair before pushing her to the Radiology department.

Ayla had to change into the hospital clothes while her clothes were handed to Hunter. Hunter took the day off to accompany Ayla. He was worried sick of her when she told her legs hurt badly that she almost couldn't walk at all the other day. She was able to walk a little today but not on her own will. She needed support from others and would mostly limp. 

Ayla was briefed a little on how it was gonna work. Hunter wasn't allowed to accompany her until inside so he had to wait at the waiting area. It was a scary experience for Ayla during the MRI. She had to stay still for the whole time. The nurse covered her in a blanket so she wouldn't feel cold. They gave her a headphone which played a random radio channel at a low volume. At first, Ayla didn't know why she exactly needs the headphones but she understood as the time went. 

The machine was noisy as hell. It made a whole lot of noise which some of them creeped her. She felt as though someone was using her dad's sledgehammer to bang on the machine.

She felt completely drained out after the MRI. Hunter requested an immediate MRI report since she was having a match this week and needs to be medically cleared for that. The fastest they could get was in 24 hours, so Hunter decided to bring her home.

He felt that she wasn't in the shape to workout today, so he told her to rest in her room. He managed to buy some food along the way since she said she was very hungry. He transferred the food into a plate and poured some orange juice before bringing up to her room. 

Hunter pushed open into her room to find it empty. That's weird, he told her to go up to her room. He walked out of the room and made his way to his room, right beside hers and found her tugged in his bed.

"Hey" Hunter said, walking into his room with the tray in his hands, placing it on the coffee table. 

Ayla turned towards the door, giving him a small smile.

"Why aren't you in your room?" Hunter asked.

Ayla's eyebrows furrowed as she looked around, seemed to just realize that she was in the wrong room. "This isn't my room?" 

"No, but that's okay. Here, I brought your lunch. How's your knee?" Hunter asked.

"It still hurts" Ayla said. She practically dragged herself upstairs as her knee was as painful as hell.