Chapter 5 - The Breakdown

Warning! : Self harm is mentioned.

Ayla made her way to the train station. Luckily she made it just in time for her train. She got in the train and sat at the place she'd always sit. She'd got a few stares from people, either surprised that she was alone when always she had Cameron with her or maybe they were just fans who weren't expecting to see a star on a train so early in the morning.

She took out a a booklet stapled at the corner and begin flipping it. It was her script for the next few weeks of RAW. She was gonna enter the elimination chamber this year to gain a title shot against Charlotte Flair later this year at Survivor Series.

Ayla begin to recite her lines in her heads, reading another stupid storyline that she felt doesn't make sense. But then again, who was she to object? Again, it was all Vince's power. Ayla's concentrations were disrupted when she felt someone sit beside her, too close to be exact.

"So this is what a WWE script looks like" 

"Jesus Gage, you almost gave me a heart attack!" Ayla whisper-yelled. She was getting ready to throw a punch to the person who sat beside her. Luckily it was just Gage.

"Woah, woah, this ain't your ring, Helmsley. This is a train, for your information" Gage replied, trying to calm her down, instead got a death glare from her.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry" Gage lifted both arms up in surrender. "But seriously, it's the first time I'm looking on the inside of a WWE script. I've seen only the outside cover from my dad's" 

"What are you doing here?" Ayla asked.

"Going to Yale?" Gage answered.

"On the train?" Ayla asked.

"As always" Gage shrugged. "More by me, what are you doing here?" Gage asked.

"You know what happened" Ayla rolled her eyes. 

"Oh right. Sorry, I forgot" Gage scratched the back of his neck. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" Ayla answered, not looking at him, instead glued her eyes to the script.

"Really? The Ayla Georgia Helmsley that I know does answer 'I'm fine' when someone asks are you okay to her" Gage answered.

Ayla lowered her script rather forcefully that it made a sound when it collided with her knees. She wasn't in the mood for any chatter.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I won't bother you any further" Gage said, which instantly made her regret. Ayla didn't know why was she being so moody right no but she just wanted to snap at everybody.

"No I'm sorry, I overreacted." Ayla apologized with a heavy sigh.

"Are you really okay?" Gage asked. "You seem off?" 

"I'm okay, just things have been hard on me these past few days" Ayla said.

"Care to share?" Gage asked.

"Not right now. I'm not in the mood to talk about any of it right now" Ayla shrugged.

"That's okay. But whatever it is, I want you to know that we're all here for you no matter what, okay?" Gage said.

Ayla nodded, plastering a smile that was only to please Gage. She couldn't even smile like she always used to.

"I tell you what. Cassy and I were talking about a trip to Rhode Island. My dad got a free camp trip to Rhode Island but he said he can't go since he'd be on the road at that time. How about the four of us, including you and Cameron go on a camp trip? How's that sounds?" Gage asked.

"A camp out? Sounds fun, Gage but I gotta ask my parents first and I need to check my schedule too" Ayla said. 

"That's okay. No rush. But do let me know before the end of this week since I need to confirm our attendance" Gage said.