95 - Freia's Deadly Battle

Start from the beginning

"Hagen has been summoned along with Mime to Valhalla Palace, miss." replied Sid, for Siegfried was still livid and unable to answer.

"I thought the call was for all God Warriors." snapped Alberich.

"Well, that Athena Saint can stay away from this Palace!" Siegfried shouted again at Alberich, who seemed to insist on provoking him.

"Why, Siegfried, that Athena Saint you refer to is now a loyal God Warrior who even defeated one of his former companions in battle."

"I do not trust him."

"Is it him you don't trust or is it me, Siegfried?"

"I can't even make up my mind." he returned.

"Siegfried." Sid took his friend's arm again.

The tense atmosphere was once again interrupted by Hilda, who had in front of her two men apparently unable to be together in the same room without grappling.

"Enough!" she said without hiding a slight smile on her face. "It's nice to see you fighting over who will be the most faithful and loyal to me, but right now what we need is for Valhalla Palace to be protected from those invaders. Siegfried, make sure the God Warriors protect this Palace of Odin, and if Phecda is indeed a problem, eliminate him yourself."

"It will be my pleasure, Miss Hilda." he agreed.

The huge God Warrior then knelt before her with a huge bow and retreated from the balcony into the Palace, leaving behind Sid and Alberich, who also had little in common. The two of them withdrew as well, leaving Hilda alone to watch the lower town in the distance, reflecting on her future and the challenges that lay ahead.

She took a deep breath of the cold air. Forest-Fenrir had betrayed her trust and Odin's gift, but at least she was able to hit the invaders hard and that Athena Saint who was now dressed as God Warrior also knocked a sister down on the main road. Perhaps her luck was not so poor, since it was possible that those outlaws who invaded Asgard had no chance against the God Warriors, however apart they were.

The same snow that fell with extreme lightness from the white sky in Valhalla Palace was the one that also faded the black fluff of the crow that flew from the fortification throughout the region of the Realm like a sentinel always attentive to th...

The same snow that fell with extreme lightness from the white sky in Valhalla Palace was the one that also faded the black fluff of the crow that flew from the fortification throughout the region of the Realm like a sentinel always attentive to the deviations of that suffering population. A pair in the forest inside the fortified complex caught the clever bird's attention; it was a region that slowly went down and rose in snowy hills in which the ancient mansions of the rich of Asgard were scattered.

Ahead, a broad-shouldered, serious-faced young man stomped down, while in his wake ran a girl in a threadbare dress and blond locks. A scene that the villagers saw happening all these years, perhaps not so seriously and certainly full of laughter and jokes, for those two always lived together and where Princess Freia was, not far away was her friend.

"Wait, Hagen!" asked Freia from behind him.

And for the first time since he'd left Freia's parents' old hut, Hagen stopped in the snow, his cloak he pulled out of the way so he could look at his old friend. She, entirely soiled from her days in prison, her face tired, her blond hair disheveled, one of the trinkets she wore now lost, her dress torn and smeared with mud at the ends; whereas he was now the owner of a marvelous cape fluttering over the shining armor of his Divine Robe, the pointed helm and silver eyes on the crown, the beautiful Sapphire at his waist, the gleaming skull of a steed that protected his right wrist. He, like a prince, the Princess, like a prisoner.