Chapter 40 - The New Home

Beginne am Anfang

"Oh come on, Rissa. He's 9" Stephanie rolled his eyes.

"It's the smallest you need to be careful of. Anyways, you guys have a seat and I'll go get some drinks" Marissa said.

"Where's Shane and the boys?" Stephanie asked.

"Shane went out for a meeting and the boys went to school. Declan went to pick them up and they'll be here in a few minutes" Marissa answered.

"Oh, Declan is here?" Stephanie asked.

"Yeah. He's on a semester break" Marissa answered. Ayla noticed a slight change in her expressing but she didn't want to ask her about it. "Alright, wait for me here and I'll go grab some drinks"

Ayla watched as Marissa disappears to the kitchen.

"She seems nice" Ayla smiled.

"She's a total sweetheart. Wait till you meet my brother Shane and the boys. I'm sure you'll love them too" Stephanie said. 

As if on que, the door bell rang and Marissa rushed towards the door. 

"Mom!" Rogan squealed as he walks in the house. "Look what I found in school! I found-" He paused when he saw Stephanie seated at the couch. "Aunt Steph!" 

Rogan and Kenyon both ran towards Stephanie and attacked her with tight hugs. Man, they sure are excited to see their aunt. 

"Hey boys. Hey Rogan, you've sure grown. Nice haircut, Kenny" Stephanie hugged them both and ruffled their hairs, giving each a peck on the cheek. 

"Did you bring your daughter with you Aunt Steph?" Rogan asked.

"She's right there" Stephanie pointed to the couch across her. The boys turned, just realizing there was someone seated at the couch across them. 

"Is she nice?" Rogan whispered to Stephanie, cracking her up. He didn't exactly whisper, Ayla could still hear him from across. 

"She's super nice. Why don't you go say hello?" Stephanie said. 

Rogan got down the couch and made his way to the other side where Ayla welcomed him with open arms. He sure looked a lot like Shane.

"Hey there, I'm Ayla. What's your name?" Ayla held him in her arms as he sat beside her. 

"I'm Rogan and that's Kenyon" Rogan pointed at his brother Kenyon. 

"How old are you?" Ayla asked.

"I'm 9 and Kenyon is 13" Rogan answered.

"I heard you are a big fan of me?" Ayla said.

"Oh yes! I'm glad you asked. Can you sign my t-shirt? Or maybe my championship belt? Oh no, wait. Can you sign my yearbook? My friends didn't believe me when I said you're my cousin" Rogan shot her with questions, making the adults chuckle. 

"I'll sign all of it. Anything for my little cousin" Ayla winked. 

"Hey, can you come with me to school for show and tell?" Rogan asked. 

"Rogan, let your cousin breath. She just got here" Marissa laughed. 

"Mom, show and tell is in 3 days and I've got nothing. Please? Can you come with me to show and tell, please?" Rogan turned to Ayla, holding her shoulders.

"I'd love to" Ayla chuckled. She couldn't help but laugh harder when Rogan cheered and hugged her tight. 

"Yeay! Thanks, Ayla. You're the best!" Rogan cheered. "You gotta tell me all about you. Come on, we need to prepare" Rogan got off the couch and pulled Ayla by her arm.