Chapter 34 - The Hall Of Fame

Start bij het begin

Kev and Scott joined in the interview with them since they weren't being inducted and have no hurries back stage. They chilled out, cracking jokes with Renee and finally head into the arena.

There was a red carpet that was spread from the entrance for the wrestlers to walk on from backstage, leading all the way to a ring that was set up in the middle, surrounding it were wrestlers, VIPs and special guests that sat on comfortable seats. A barricade separated between the wrestlers seats and the fans seats. There were tight security that stood in every corner of the place to ensure there isn't anyone who tries to jump over the barricade.

Ayla sat beside Stephanie and Kane on her other side. Even Patricia and Paul were there who sat beside Stephanie. She had no idea her grandparents were coming too.

The fans were chanting her name as she sat at the place that she was assigned.

"Ayla Georgia" The fans chanted. It was rather surprising that they chanted her middle name along when they used to chant only her first name before this. Luckily it wasn't televised yet, so she wasn't in trouble.

There was about 30 minutes until they go live, so Ayla went on to speak with her grandparents. She always feels welcomed with them. Pete and Lynn was there too. Neysa wasn't there since she had softball tournament.

The fans would chant everyone that made an entrance. The crowd really seemed to be hyped up. As I said earlier, the fans in New Jersey is one of a kind.

The show started off good. There were a lot of her colleagues and also former wrestlers whom she's never met personally that were inducted. She was honored to have seen them in person. She was able to get a good look of each of them since she sat front seat, exactly in front of the ring.

Some speeches made her cry, some made her laugh. There were mixed emotions.

There was one part that really caught Ayla off guard. It was during the speech of Bret Hart, a legendary wrestler who was well known during the 90s. He was Shawn's greatest rivals in the past, but thankfully they've already buried the hatchet. During his speech, a fan jumped over the barricade and made his way to the ring, trying to attack Bret Hart and Natalya who was also on the stage with him. 

Many of the wrestlers begin rounding him up, security trying their best to get him off of Bret. Ayla wanted to help, but Stephanie held her back.

"Don't, Ayla. You're a Babyface. You can't attack him" Stephanie reminded her. As much as Ayla wanted to help, she had to stay put.

Ayla watched as they dragged the fan out of the arena and a techie asked if Bret was okay. When he nodded that he was okay, they told him to continue his speech. Although he wasn't badly injured or anything, Ayla could still sense the tension in his voice when delivering the rest of his speech as much as he tried to act like nothing happened. 

As soon as Bret finished his speech, Ayla managed to give a small smile to Bret who looked at her way.

The show continued with a few other wrestlers and special inductions. It was the last induction that she had been waiting for all night. The main eventers, D-Generation X.

She cheered as her boys made an entrance on an army truck, throwing glow sticks to the crowd. They all split in different directions, each holding a bag full of glowsticks to be thrown at the crowd. 

Ayla couldn't help but laugh when Billy came towards her and kneeled before her, holding out a glowstick to her. Ayla went with the flow and did a slight curtsy and took the glowstick from him. It wasn't like she needed them since she has tons of it back at home, but she kept them anyways.