Chapter 62

The next morning, very early, everyone started getting the ball set up. When Skipp woke up, there were already people cleaning up the hall room and placing up the chandeliers. When Hunter woke up, the ball was all set up. Probably because he slept in again, until noon. He walked downstairs awkwardly then saw Skipp at the dining table. He and a bunch of others were pushing them to the sides of the ding room to put a display of food and drinks on it for the guests at the ball. Hunter stood next to the stairs waiting. Skipp glanced over and saw Hunter. He smiled and walked over to him.
"How was your beauty rest hm?" Skipp asked, touching Hunter's chin.
"My fathers are gonna kill me." Hunter said. Skipp chuckled slightly and kissed Hunter's cheek.
"I think you deserved a well sleep. In fact, Callum and August are still asleep. So are Reji, K'vo, Kid, Carlos, your dad. They are all sleeping still." Skipp said. Hunter blinked and laughed.
"My fathers won't kill me, haha!" Hunter said proudly. Skipp smiled.
"Well, I have to get back to work, there is lunch in the kitchen for you." Skipp said, turning around. Hunter blushed and grabbed Skipp's arm. He pulled him into a dip.
"Not until I get my real kiss." Hunter said. The staff stopped what they were doing and turned to Skipp and Hunter. Skipp blushed in embarrassment and looked away.
"Don't be shy Skippy. Kiss that lovely fiancé of yours." One of the maids squealed. Skipp blushed more.
"Kiss!" Another maid cried. Skipp turned to Hunter. Hunter blushed and smiled.
"God— I hate all of you." Skipp complained, putting his hands on the back of Hunter's neck. He pulled up and kissed Hunter. Hunter kissed back. All the maids awed and the butlers cheered. They pulled away. Hunter smiled and kissed Skipp's nose. One of the maids leaned over to a butler.
"The ball today is for Hunter's success for passing his exams but he failed. Why doesn't he make the ball a ceremony for his and Skipp's engagement?" The maid asked. The butler looked at the maid.
"I know right." The butler said. Hunter turned to the maid and butler quickly.
"That's a great idea!" Hunter yelled excitedly, letting go of Skipp. Skipp's eyes widened and he fell down on the ground.
"Ow!" Skipp yelled. Hunter's eyes widened and looked down at Skipp.
"Ah! Skipp! I'm so sorry!" Hunter cried, falling on the ground to check on Skipp.

     When Jay woke up, he walked to the office to see Arthur. He walked into the office and shut the door. Arthur was signing a paper really quick. Jay walked over to Arthur from behind and held his waist softly. Arthur didn't flinch and continued signing the paper.
"Good afternoon baby." Arthur said. Jay flinched.
"Afternoon?" Jay asked.
"Mhm, it's passed noon." Arthur said, setting down his pen. Jay kissed the back of Arthur's neck.
"Well- I wanted extra rest to dance with you all night." Jay said. Arthur smiled and lifted the papers.
"Don't be a flirt." Arthur said.
"Yes, be a flirt. I gotta be a flirt." Jay chuckled. Arthur blushed and smiled.
"Alright baby." Arthur said, putting the papers in an envelope. Jay sucked on the back of Arthur's neck then he stopped when there was a knock on the door. Jay stopped and let Arthur go. He turned around and looked at the door. Arthur took the envelope to the bookshelf. Hunter walked in nervously, pulling Skipp with him. Hunter shut the door and looked at his parents. Arthur put the envelope under a big book quickly and stared at it for a moment. He held his chest and turned around.
"Yes?" Arthur asked. Hunter gulped and held Skipp's hand.
"I failed my exams so could we make the purpose of the ball to be for me and Skipp's engagement." Hunter proposed. Arthur frowned and looked down. Jay looked at Arthur. Skipp squeezed Hunter's hand, hoping Arthur will say yes. Hunter bit down on his lip nervously. Arthur rubbed his eyes and looked at Hunter.
"No." Arthur said. Hunter looked at Arthur and his heart dropped. Skipp looked down slowly.
"What, why?!" Hunter yelled in anger. Arthur looked down. Jay looked at Hunter.
"Listen Hunter-" Jay started.
"Shut it! I wanna hear it from dad!" Hunter screamed. Skipp took Hunter's hand.
"Hunter-" Skipp started.
"No." Hunter muttered. Skipp frowned and rubbed his arm nervously. Arthur looked up at Hunter.
"You don't have too. It doesn't matter anymore." Arthur said. Hunter and Skipp looked at Arthur confusedly. Jay glanced at Arthur nervously. Arthur walked over to Hunter and kissed his forehead.
"You aren't the heir anymore." Arthur said. Hunter blinked in confusion.
"What?-" Hunter muttered. Jay was shocked.
"I didn't know this rule because I don't think it applied to me. But if you fail the exams, you aren't the heir anymore. You are still my baby boy and the prince. Just, you aren't the one taking the crown anymore." Arthur explained. Hunter felt odd. He frowned.
"So, all my hard work to keep up with being the heir- just, it just goes to waste?" Hunter asked. Skipp stared at Arthur and thought about it.
"Unfortunately yes. But it might be useful to teach your future children? You kid and Royal will be the determination of who will take my crown in 10 to 15 years." Arthur explained. Hunter frowned and looked down in disappointment. Skipp trembled.
"My king— does that mean—.... Does that mean me and Hunter can marry before 21?" Skipp asked. Hunter's eyes widened and he looked at Skipp. He quickly turned to Arthur. Arthur smiled and nodded. Hunter's heart dropped in pure excitement. Skipp smiled. Hunter walked up to Arthur and hugged him quickly. Arthur hugged back.
"It was the greatest and the worst thing to fail my exams. I love you dad. And I'm sorry for yelling at you." Hunter said. Arthur smiled.
"It's alright honey. And I love you too." Arthur said. Hunter squeezed Arthur quickly and pulled away.
"No excuse me, I have been waiting 14 years to marry the love of my life and now that I can, ima go take him to the nearest chapel and marry him right now. Love ya." Hunter explained thoroughly as he walked over to Skipp and threw him over his shoulder. Skipp gasped.
"Hunter!" Skipp cried. Arthur and Jay smiled. They waved goodbye to Skipp as Skipp lipped Help Me. Callum and August were up and walking with their children to the ballroom when Hunter walked by with Skipp on his back. When Skipp saw Callum and smiled.
"Hey Callum, do me a favor and gut Hunter!" Skipp pleaded. Callum and August stopped.
"Hunter, what are you doing?" Callum asked.
"I'm not the fucking heir to this kingdom which means I can marry Skipp now! So I'm going to go marry him now!" Hunter yelled.
"Help." Skipp said. August waved goodbye awkwardly. Callum immediately frowned. August looked at Callum.
"What is it?" August asked.
"He just said he's not the heir anymore... that means no matter what, whichever kid is older, Royal or Hunter's future kid, will be the heir and new ruler in the coming 15 years." Callum explained. Royal looked up at Callum.
"If I become the heir, does that mean I get to marry Reo?" Royal asked desperately. Callum and August looked at Royal and chuckled.
"Whatever you want son." Callum chuckled, patting Royal's head. Royal smiled and ran ahead. Piper quickly ran after him. August was holding Toby so he couldn't go anywhere. They continued downstairs. Downstairs, they saw Fox staring Hunter down. Hunter was sobbing as he set Skipp down.
   After a little while, Hunter finally got away from his family and went to find Skipp. Skipp was trying to rest a little before he had to work again. Hunter rushed into the bedroom quickly and shut the door. He locked it and groaned. Skipp opened his eyes and looked over at Hunter. Hunter slide down the door and covered his eyes.
"Dancing lessons. Dancing lessons. Dancing lessons! I know how to dance!" Hunter sobbed, laying his head back. Skipp sat up.
"Baby, don't be so dramatic." Skipp said. Hunter's eyes widened and he sat his head up.
"You called me baby!" Hunter cheered. Skipp smiled and laid back down.
"Shush, I need some rest." Skipp demanded. Hunter blushed and stood up. He took his shoes off then his hooded cape. He laid down next to Skipp. He touched Skipp's cheek.
"I can marry you now... when can I marry you?" Hunter asked. Skipp had his eyes closed but he was still awake. He lifted his hand and touched the top of Hunter's hand that's on his cheek.
"Whenever you want. It can be as fancy and as expensive as you want it. It can even be shoeless at a market for all I care." Skipp explained. Hunter blushed more and kissed Skipp's hand.
"Skipp... I really love you." Hunter mumbled. Skipp opened his eyes and smiled.
"I know Hunter. I love you too." Skipp said kindly. Hunter smiled.
"So why're you resting?" Hunter asked. Skipp looked at Hunter.
"Well, your fathers told me to have the night off and spend it with you. So I'm just resting until then." Skipp said. Hunter smiled.
"Then, will you be my first dance?" Hunter asked. Skipp nodded.
"Yes, I will." Skipp said. Hunter smiled and kissed Skipp's cheek.
"I'll let you rest then. Ima sneak out the window." Hunter said, sitting up.
"Alright, be safe." Skipp said, closing his eyes. Hunter smiled and got up. He put his shoes on and grabbed a coat. He walked over to the window and opened it. He got on the peg outside the window and shut the window. He left the castle and snuck away.