Chapter 15

Four days prior to Alpha's incident...

The ball at the dragons castle... representing the upcoming season of fall. Each new season, a different realm represents. This season was the dragon realm. And that ball, was tomorrow night. They had guests from all the realms, staying in the castle, the hall rooms, or in their own trailers and wagons.
    And the kings and queens of the realms were in the castle along with the children and relatives they brought. That night, the dining table was shared among dozens of royal guests. The table was set as a heptagon with each side being able to seat a dozen.
    On one side sat the dragon royals and family. Listed as, Arthur, Jay, Callum, Hunter, August, Kai, Ryder, Jonah, Ray, Zane, Ray, and Skipp.
    The next side, directly next to the dragon side, sat the wolf royals. Which wasn't that big since of Alpha and Trevor were there so they had their personal guards sit with them.
    The next side sat the demon royals, which listed as James, Ninete, Xia, Dreya, Willam, Lillian(2), Jezebeth, Ravana, and Kid(20). Xia and Dreya are James and Ninete's adopted children. Xia was crowned the new queen of the demon realm after marrying William and having her daughter Lillian.
The next side sat the angel royals. In which listed, the ex king and queen Kenta, Ruki, and the new king and queen, their daughter Camila and her husband Deme, then their three children, Alaina(7), Rosaline(5), and Titus(10).
The next side sat the human royals, which sat as the ex king and queen Miquel and Luisa, then the new king and queen, their daughter Briar and Kenta and Ruki's son Hytrono. Along with them was their two children Sean(18) and Georgia(10).
    The next side sat the elf royals, which sat, the new kings, Eowyn and Grey, Eowyn's little sister Idril, Idril's husband Joseph, Eowyn and Grey's three children, Harper(16), Zaylon(17), and Elias(14), and Adril and Joseph's daughter Evelyn(9).
And the last side sat the vampire royals. The large family sat the queens Victoria and Clara, their children, not including Grey, Parker, Yuji, Kenji(17), and Razel. Also, sitting with them was Parker's wife Eliosa and their adopted son Bear(17), and Yuji's wife Raeya, and Yuji's new son Dominic(4).
The table was packed. They all had their own rooms if they requested.
The next morning...
Axel walked through the castle. He was permitted to knock on everyone's door to wake them up. There were lots of rooms taken up so he started from the very first room at the bottom floor, and made his way up. When he finished knocking on the doors on the first floor, he made his way to the second floor. He knocked on all the doors until he got to one door. Right as he was about to knock, the door swung open. Axel quickly jumped in fright, screaming like a girl. Kenji, Clara and Victoria's youngest son, Grey's youngest and favorite brother, stood in the doorway. Axel smiled awkwardly. Then there was laughs and giggles. Jonah, August, Callum, and Ray stood in the hallway laughing at Axel.
"You scream like a girl." Ray said. Axel flipped them off and turned back to Kenji.
"Sorry." Axel said, then he continued knocking on doors. Kenji looked out the door and watched Axel go down the hallway, hitting each door with the same two knocks. He made his way to the top floor and knocked on all the bedroom doors. Then he went backstairs. He passed by Kenji and hopped down the second set of stairs. Kenji watched him go down the stairs. Callum and August walked passed Kenji. Kenji stood straight.
"Prince Callum." Kenji said quietly. Callum stopped walking and turned around. August stopped walking and glanced over at Kenji.
"Oh, yes Prince Kenji?" Callum smiled. Kenji pointed down at Axel.
"Who is he?" Kenji asked. Callum looked down the stairs and watched Axel walk off. August looked down and saw Axel. He looked up.
"An asshole." August said. Callum coughed and pulled August's arm. Kenji frowned.
"His names Axel." Callum said. Kenji held his arms to his chest and rubbed his wrist.
"What is he.. to the castle?" Kenji asked slowly. Callum rose an eyebrow.
"Uhm, he is the son of my fathers personal royal guards. He works here as an assistant kinda." Callum said. Kenji glanced down at the ground upset. August frowned.
"Prince Kenji, he's a player. Don't go for him." August said. Callum looked at Kenji and frowned. Kenji started down the stairs. August and Callum watched him go down the stairs. Callum looked at August.
"How'd you know what he was thinking?" Callum asked. August looked up at Callum.
"I didn't. I was guessing. I mean, who's want to ask about that asshole?" August said. Callum laughed.
"Ok, come on." Callum laughed, pulling August with him. August smiled.
The royal guests all sat down on their sides of the table for breakfast. The table was talkative until the food arrived. It was all food prepared for each realms interests. Everyone thanked the chefs and began to eat. Arthur leaned over and whispered something in Jay's ear. Jay set his fork down and turned to the kitchen. The talking continued as everyone ate. Jay stood up and walked over to the kitchen. He came back out with Axel and a few maids and butlers. Jay had spoken to them inside the kitchen. When they exited the kitchen, Jay returned to his seat and the butlers and maids scattered. Axel started for the ball room. Kenji was about to eat something until he caught a glance of Axel. He looked up and stared at him as he left. He looked down at his food. Skipp felt out of place because he wasn't a royal, he was a butler. But no one knew that. And he was also sitting across for his fathers family in which he can't talk about because it could end up bad possibly.
Miquel leaned over and smiled.
"So Callum, you are the one hosting the party this season right?" Miquel said. Everyone at the table went quiet. Callum looked up at Miquel.
"Ah- yeah, I am." Callum mumbled. Luisa clapped.
"Who will you be dancing with? Any luck person?" Luisa asked. Callum chuckled.
"Oh, I don't actually have a p-" Callum started then he stopped. He glanced to his left at August. He smiled.
"I'll be dancing with my fiance August." Callum said, lifting August's hand up. August quickly looked at Callum shocked and flustered.
"Oh, that's sweet!" Luisa smiled.
"Very." Miquel said. Callum smiled and held August's hand tightly, below the table.
"So where will the ball be held? It sure will be large." Ruki asked. Arthur turned to Callum. Callum took a drink of water and swallowed.
"The whole kingdom and the ball room. We find it easier to make it like a festival, especially when our castle is quite small." Callum smiled.
"Definitely bigger then our home. Our castle is literally a second class citizen house to you all." Harper blurted.
"Your grandmothers house." Eowyn said quietly and strictly. Grey grabbed Eowyn's hand quickly. Harper shrugged and leaned towards Zaylon.
"True though." Harper said.
"Very." Zaylon said.
       Later, the kingdom set up no go zones and go to zone for wanderers. Some people kept their markets open for more visitors and buyers.
     Kenji stood in front of a window in his room, staring at the village. Victoria knocked on the door and walked in.
"Kenji, it might be large and spread out, but it's still a ball. Might you get dressed and maybe go find a girl to dance with." Victoria said, walking up to Kenji. Kenji stared out the window. Victoria grabbed Kenji's arm, turning his body towards her. But his head stayed, staring out the window. Victoria frowned and looked out the window. Kenji stared down at the drawbridge. Victoria followed Kenji's eyes and saw Kenji staring at Axel. Axel was helping Shawna, Caroo, and Sebastian put up a restaurant sign. Victoria smiled and stared at Kenji.
"Or you can find a man." Victoria said. Kenji moved his head towards Victoria.
"Could I get a tour of this kingdom?" Kenji asked. Victoria smiled and glanced out at Axel. That group finished putting the sign up and dispersed. Axel walked back to the castle.
"You can go ask the boy." Victoria smiled. Kenji looked out the window.
"His names Axel?" Victoria said. Kenji slowly looked at Victoria.
"Don't read my mind." Kenji said, then walked out of the room. Victoria smiled. Kenji walked down the stairs and was stopped by crowds of maids and people laying out chairs and tables. He  quickly slid past the crowd. He looked down and walked towards the dining room exit. As he started going into the ball room, he walked right into Axel. Axel jumped and turned around. Kenji looked up and saw Axel. He stared at his eyes. Axel stepped away quickly and bowed.
"I'm sorry I was in the way. Please don't kill me." Axel said. Kenji rose his eyes confused.
"You are Axel, correct?" Kenji asked. Axel stood up straight quickly and looked at Kenji shocked. Quin walked into the castle without his guard armor on, in short, he was wearing normal clothes.
"Axel, let's go." Quin said. Axel didn't turn away. He stared at Kenji nervously. Quin walked up to Axel.
"Ax-" Quin started then saw Kenji. Quin bowed.
"Prince Kenji. Are you using my son right now? Or is he bothering you?" Quin asked. Axel turned around quickly.
"We can g-" Axel started.
"Could you show me around the kingdom?" Kenji asked. Axel froze. Quin looked at Kenji curiously.
"My prince, my son would love too but I'm sure someone else could." Quin said. Kenji shook his head no.
"It's gotta be him." Kenji said. Quin gulped and turned to Axel. Axel turned around slowly.
"If I gotta do this because I bumped into you, then I'm very sorry." Axel said quickly. Kenji tilted his head.
"I bumped into you- you didn't bump into me." Kenji said. Axel was shocked but very relieved at the same time.
"Then why do-" Axel started.
"I just find you very interesting." Kenji answered.  Axel's jaw dropped. Quin frowned and turned to Axel.
"Be back soon. We are working tonight." Quin said as he walked over to the barracks. Axel stared at Kenji shocked. Kenji watched Quin leave then turned to Axel.
"Is he your father?" Kenji asked. Axel nodded nervously.
"Is your mother like you?" Kenji asked. Axel blinked and looked away.
"I'm adopted. I have two fathers." Axel answered. Kenji smiled. Axel looked at Kenji.
"Alright- Should I show you around then?" Axel said, trying to be confident. Kenji nodded. Axel turned around and went out of the castle. Kenji followed behind.
   They went across the drawbridge and Axel showed Kenji everywhere.