Chapter 13

Ace and Taylor's Story Pt 3...

Later in the afternoon, Ace and Taylor continued to walk but instead of walking along the river, they walked through the woods. Taylor told Ace to stay near him to watch for traps. When Taylor saw a trap, he stopped and showed Ace.
"Look. Those traps are all over this place." Taylor pointed out. Ace looked up at a rope that almost blended in with the trees. He followed the rope all the way to a brick held net.
"I got stuck into one of those before. It look like 2 hours to get out of." Taylor said. Ace held onto Taylor's arm. Taylor walked around the net slowly with Ace following him. They continued through the woods.
After a little more walking, Taylor pulled Ace closer and they walked around another net. Taylor looked up at the net as they walked passed it. Ace was looking forward when Taylor accidentally ran into a net. He tripped over the rope holding the net in place and fell onto the ground. Ace looked up and saw the rope coming undone. He quickly leaned down and pulled Taylor off the ground. The net fell on the ground where Taylor was before. Taylor and Ace lost their balance and fell over. Ace groaned in pain and rubbed his head. He looked up and saw Taylor on top of him. His eyes widened and he blushed. Taylor shook his head to gain his normal conscious back. He opened his eyes and he saw Ace staring at him. Their faces were an inch away from each other. Taylor's eyes widened and he also blushed. He quickly moved away which was the wrong thing to do. He triggered another trap except a different one this time. It was a door trap. Taylor looked by his feet.
"Ah shit." Taylor said. Ace sat up and saw the rope around Taylor's door. A large boulder fell from a tree branch with pulled the rope. Taylor went up as the boulder went down. Ace stood up quickly. Taylor was now about 3 feet up in the air and upside down. He crossed his arms.
"I hate these traps the most." Taylor complained. Ace chuckled.
"Alright, how do I get you down?" Ace questioned. Taylor looked around.
"You need a sharp object." Taylor said. Ace looked around.
"Where am I gonna find a sharp object that'll reach up that high?" Ace asked. Taylor shrugged. Ace immediately smiled. He leaned down and grabbed the bow Taylor dropped.
"Drop the arrow." Ace said. Taylor looked at his waist and saw the arrow still in place. He grabbed it and let it drop. Ace caught it and pulled the bow back. Taylor looked away. Ace let the arrow go and it shot freight through the rope. The rope broke and Taylor fell. Fell right on....
Thump

Taylor rubbed his head and opened his eyes. Ace looked at Taylor blushing again. Taylor's eyes widened and blushed. He ended up on top of Ace again.
"Well- at least I got you down." Ace sighed. Taylor looked up at the rope.
"Good aim." Taylor said. Ace smiled.
"I'm the prince of a guard and a book worm. I was taught a lot of fighting and aiming skills." Ace said. Taylor looked down at Ace and blushed more, realizing he was still on top of Ace. He got up quickly. Ace stood up and picked up the bow. He handed the bow to Taylor. Taylor grabbed it and put it around his head and shoulder.
"Alright, let's go this way. There's an open field this way." Taylor said. Ace grabbed Taylor's arm and walked with him. By the time they got to the open field, it was dark. They sat down and made a small fire to keep them warm. Ace wrapped up in his cape and Taylor just stayed next to the fire. After a little while, Ace started getting tired and closed his eyes. His eyes opened back up quickly when thunder boomed the sky. Ace and Taylor looked up at the sky and it started to rain. They both got soaked immediately. Ace's ears fell from the drooping water on them. So did Taylor's. Taylor stood up and walked over to Ace.
"Let me see your cape." Taylor said. Ace looked up at Taylor and took his cape off. He handed the cape to Taylor. Taylor picked up two sticks and stuck them in the ground. He set the cape over them, making a small tent that could fit one person.
"Go in." Taylor said. Ace looked at the tent.
"Will you be going in too?" Ace asked. Taylor shook his head no. Ace frowned and felt guilty. He got into the tent and sat there. Taylor sat in the ran getting soaked and freezing. The fire went out from the rain so he sat there is cold wet darkness. Ace's guilt became worry. He poked his head out.
"Taylor, come here." Ace said. Taylor turned to Ace and crawled over to him slowly. He was shivering but not complaining. Ace sat back and gestured Taylor to come in. Taylor looked up at the sky and frowned.
"It won't fit two." Taylor said.
"Then make two fit." Ace said. Taylor looked at Ace nervously. Ace quickly leaned over and pulled Taylor under the cape. Taylor's back was to Ace and his head was on Ace's chest. Taylor blushed red and didn't fight against Ace. His ears fell and his tail sulked. Ace brushed through Taylor's soaked hair softly. He was also blushing.
"You are freezing." Ace said. Taylor didn't respond. Ace put his hand against Taylor's forehead. Taylor shivered.
"Taylor." Ace said. Taylor turned to the side and curled in a ball.
"Thank you." Taylor said quietly. Ace looked at Taylor.
"For what Taylor?" Ace asked. Taylor closed his eyes slowly.
"For being here." Taylor said quietly. Ace blushed and smiled.
"Thank you for coming into my life Taylor." Ace said. Taylor felt his hand become warm. He opened his eyes and saw his hand being held by Ace's hand. He closed his eyes slowly and finally fell asleep.
In the morning, it was still raining. This time, Taylor woke up first. He opened his eyes slowly and felt comfortable. He moved his head up and sat up slowly. He looked down and saw that he was laying on Ace's chest. Taylor stared at Ace's face for a moment. His face started to turn red. He blushed a dark red and sat up. He touched the cape and felt it still dry and soft. Ace opened his eyes and looked at Taylor. He blushed.
"It's waterproof. I guess that's a good thing." Ace said as he sat up. Taylor turned towards Ace.
"That's good." Taylor said. Ace lifted Taylor's ears and fixed his hair.
"Good morning." Ace said. Taylor smiled.
"Good morning." Taylor replied.
"You ready to go?" Taylor added. Ace nodded. Taylor crawled out into the rain. Ace followed him out. Taylor pulled Ace's cape off and put it around Ace.
"We are gonna go through the forest again so we can stay out of the rain. From here, we should get to the kingdom within the morning." Taylor said. Ace frowned.
"Yeah.." Ace mumbled. Taylor looked at Ace. He grabbed his hand.
"Let's go." Taylor said. Ace nodded. They both walked into the forest.
After a little while, they were still walking through the woods when they stumbled on a large amount of traps in one spot. Taylor looked at them all, studying their pattern. He looked at Ace.
"Stay right here." Taylor said. Ace nodded and stayed put. Taylor skimmed across several of the traps. He got to the nearest tree and grabbed a branch. He threw it at one of the traps and it triggered. A net fell. Taylor pointed at Ace.
"Go around the net slowly and then jump over to me." Taylor said. Ace walked forward and went around the net slowly. He got to the other side of the net and looked down. He jumped over a trap and landed in front of Taylor. He lost balance and began to fall back. Taylor quickly grabbed Ace's waist and pulled him towards him. The amount of force of Taylor pulling Ace towards him, caused him to walk backwards from losing balance. He backed up into a tree and Ace blushed from the position. Taylor looked at Ace and blushed. Ace pulled away and stepped backwards. Taylor's eyes widened and quickly pulled Ace back towards him. He spun Ace around and leaned him against the tree. He used himself to protect Ace. When Ace had stepped back, he triggered a trap. A boulder fell down from the tree just barely missing them. Taylor lifted his head and looked at Ace. He blushed. Ace looked up and immediately blushed. His and Taylor's faces were just inches apart. In spite of them being so close, they didn't pull away. They looked at each other, locked eyes, and racing hearts. Taylor pulled forward slowly. Ace looked down at Taylor's lips. He trembled.
"Will you kiss me Taylor?" Ace asked quietly. Taylor felt his lips pierce and he nodded slowly. Ace blushed more. Taylor pushed Ace up against the tree and kissed him. Ace closed his eyes and kissed back. Taylor put his hands on Ace's waist. Ace put his hands on Taylor's shoulders. Taylor pulled away and stayed close. Ace looked at Taylor's eyes. He quickly moved his hands from Taylor's shoulders to his cheeks. He pulled him into another kiss. Taylor closed his eyes and kissed back. He moved his hand down to one of Ace's legs and lifted it up. Ace flinched and lost his breath from gasping. Taylor's eyes quickly opened and he let go of Ace's leg. He pulled away from the kiss and looked down. Ace looked at Taylor confusedly.
"What-" Ace started. Taylor trembled.
"The kingdom is only a mile away. We can get there in less then a half hour." Taylor said. Ace looked at Taylor shocked.
"Tay-" Ace started.
"Come on." Taylor said as he walked away. Ace trembled and then quickly followed after Taylor.
"Taylor! What is it?!" Ace yelled. Taylor stared at the ground as he walked. Ace ran up to him and grabbed his arm.
"Taylor!" Ace cried. Taylor turned around and looked at Ace.
"Your are a prince. And I'm a misfit. Do the math Ace." Taylor said. Ace shook his head no.
"Taylor, it doesn't matter!" Ace said. Taylor shook his head no and turned around. He started to walk away but then he triggered a trap. Taylor's eyes widened and he looked down. He saw the rope around his foot.
"Damnit!" Taylor yelled and a boulder fell from a tree. He flung three feet into the air upside down, again. Ace stood there. Taylor looked at Ace.
"Your parents would probably kill me Ace." Taylor said. Ace shook his head no.
"They wouldn't do anything to hurt me and you dying would definitely hurt me." Ace said. Taylor shook his head no.
"I stole from their vault. The best I'll get is prison when we get back." Taylor said. Ace walked up to Taylor as he still hung upside down.
"Then I'll tell them I want to marry you." Ace said. Taylor blushed.
"W-Would that even work?" Taylor questioned.
"Yes." Ace said. Taylor trembled.
"I don't know what to do." Taylor said. Ace smiled.
"But I do." Ace said. Taylor's eyes locked on Ace's. Ace walked right up to Taylor and kissed him as he hung upside down. Taylor kissed back. Ace pulled away and smiled.
"Now, lemme figure out a way to get you down." Ace chuckled. Taylor looked up and pulled an arrow out from his belt.
"Here." Taylor said. Ace looked up at Taylor and smiled. He grabbed the arrow and reached down for the bow. He aimed up and shot through the rope in seconds. And then-
Thump