Chapter 52

Gillian and Jasper became good friends. But, after a while, both wanted to be a little more then friends.
A week later:
Jasper was out in the market with the three servants again. He had a hood on which he normally doesn't like because he likes showing off his hair. He was telling the servants to do his bidding when he saw Royal running through the market. Then he saw Donny trying to catch him. He started to turn then saw Gillian right behind him. He got spooked and jumped.
"Oh hey Gillian!" Jasper chuckled. Gillian rose an eyebrow.
"Hey." Gillian said, walking up to Jasper. One of the servants looked at Jasper and Gillian and squinted at them. He got closer to eavesdrop.
"How are you? I have t seen you since yesterday." Jasper asked. Gillian glanced at the hood. It was covering Jasper's horns and hair. He glanced back down at Jasper.
"What's up with the hood?" Gillian asked, reaching up take it off. Jasper's eyes widened and he backed away.
"A-ah— b-bad hair day!" Jasper chuckled. Gillian glared at Jasper.
"Lies." Gillian said, grabbing Jasper's hand. He pulled him close and pulled down the hood. His eyes widened. Jasper froze. Gillian looked at Jasper's dark blue horns. One of the horns were broken, cracked in the middle. The horns on a dragon are the most sensitive on other body. With the heart following after the horns. Just a little tap on the horns could make a dragon feel pain for ages. But a crack in the horn, it would feel as if death would be better then dealing with the pain. Gillian looked at Jasper in shock. Jasper started to cry.
"I'm sorry for lying-" Jasper cried. Gillian grabbed Jasper's hand and dragged him out of the markets. The servant scoffed and quickly left for the Twine household. Gillian pulled Jasper over to the edge of the tree line and looked at Jasper's horn.
"Jasper-" Gillian started.
"It hurts..." Jasper mumbled. Gillian trembled.
"Hey, what happened?" Gillian asked. Jasper trembled.
"My father called me to his office and he had been mad about the crop failure. Basically, really mad at your brother and Callum. He was throwing glass everywhere and when I got in there, he hit my horns with a bat." Jasper explained, trying not to cry.
"Jasper, our horns can withstand a hit with a b-" Gillian started.
"He hit my horns several times with the bat Gillian! He hit my horns a lot!" Jasper cried, starting to collapse. Gillian grabbed Jasper before he could fall and held him at his chest.
"Hey... I'm sure Callum knows someone who can fix your horn. Can you do something for me though?" Gillian asked. Jasper nodded his head.
"I want you to go back when your father isn't home and get some of your things that you need. Then come to my home alright?" Gillian asked. Jasper looked at Gillian and trembled.
"He never leaves his home. Only like once every three months." Jasper said. Gillian hugged Jasper tightly.
"Then sneak in and out quietly ok... just do it safely." Gillian said. Jasper nodded.
"Do you want me to go with? Maybe that will be better..." Gillian asked nervously.
"No... I can do it. I'll go now. He thinks I'm with my servants." Jasper said. Gillian looked at Jasper and looked away.
"Are you sure?" Gillian asked. Jasper looked at Gillian and smiled.
"Yeah." Jasper said. Gillian trembled. Jasper touched Gillian's cheeks. Gillian looked at Jasper's face. Jasper took his chance. He pulled into a kiss, kissing Gillian on the lips. Gillian's eyes widened with shock. Jasper pulled away and looked down.
"I'll be alright now-" Jasper mumbled, rubbing his horn. Gillian blushed and squeezed his eyes shut. This would be what we called, Gillian "going for it". He grabbed Jasper's hands and pulled him into a kiss. Jasper was shocked but happy. He kissed back and put his arms around Gillian's neck. They pulled away and looked at each other. Gillian smiled.
"Come back quick for another." Gillian said. Jasper blushed and chuckled. He nodded and waved off. Gillian stood there and watched Jasper leave. Gillian took a breath in and quickly left to tell Callum what happened.. When he did, Callum gladly said yes and would let Jasper stay. August was way more interested in the kissing that Gillian added accidentally. Donny was excited too.
Gillian waited at the door waiting for Jasper. Hours passed and dinner came. That's when Gillian got suspicious. August walked over to Gillian and gave him a plate of food. He kissed Gillian's forehead.
"Maybe he got held up. I'm sure he's ok." August said.
"Yeah..." Gillian mumbled, taking the plate. Another hour passed and that's when Gillian started getting worried. He was sitting in the living room now. The kids were playing in the living room with Donny. They were building a tower which they got pretty high up. Toby was with August at the dining table. Callum and Axel were talking at the bar in the kitchen. Kenji was cleaning up after dinner.
Callum looked over at August.
"August baby, do you wanna come with us to the fields in a little? We left a few baskets and realized we forgot them." Callum asked. August looked over at Callum.
"Sure, that's fine." August said. Kenji walked over to August. August handed Toby to Kenji. Kenji smiled and held Toby carefully. Axel kissed Kenji's cheek.
"We'll be back." Axel said. Kenji smiled and nodded. Then Axel, Callum, and August left after they put their coats on. Kenji lifted Toby and smiled.
"Well you are so sweet!" Kenji cheered. Lynx looked at Kenji.
"I want that!" Lynx screamed. Kenji laughed.
About 10 minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Gillian immediately got off the couch and rushed to the door. When he got to the door and opened it, Jasper was there. Bleeding and... in pain. Gillian's eyes widened.
"Jasper-?!" Gillian cried, pulling Jasper into the warm home. He shut the door and looked at Jasper's face. Donny and Kenji immediately reacted. Donny took Toby and Kenji checked Jasper's face. But what Gillian was shocked about... was that Jasper's cracked horn was now broken in half. The top half was gone and Jasper was crying from pain.
"G-Gillian... my horn-" Jasper trembled, hugging Gillian tightly. Gillian looked at Jasper shocked then Jasper fell to the floor. Gillian followed. He quickly got on the ground and looked at Jasper. Jasper started crying.
"H-He's looking for me... and he knows where I am-!" Jasper cried. Gillian's eyes widened and he pulled Jasper onto his chest. Jasper held onto Gillian's arm. Gillian touched Jasper's head but instead, he found blood gushing from Jasper's head. He looked up at Kenji slowly. Kenji was shocked. He quickly went to the door and locked it. He looked at the kids.
"Royal, Piper, Lynx! Let's play a game. You have to play hide n' seek! If you get found, scream and run away until you get tagged." Kenji cheered. Royal, Piper, and Lynx stood up quickly.
"Yay!" They all screamed.
"Alright. Go hide upstairs! 1...2...!" Kenji started and the three kids ran upstairs quickly.
"3....4....!!" Kenji screamed out then knelt down to Jasper.
"Gillian, take Jasper to the corner in the dining ro-" Kenji started but then there was a loud... echoing thump on the door. Donny, Kenji, Gillian, and Jasper looked at the door. Jasper got scared. Kenji stood up and looked at Donny.
"Donny, go upstairs and keep Toby safe. Gillian, pull Jasper to the corner of the dining room." Kenji explained. They did just that. Donny rushed up stairs with Toby. Gillian carefully carried Jasper to the corner of the dining room. Kenji turned the dining room lights off and walked over to the front door. He acted casual and opened the door. At the door was Mr. Twine. He was dirty, pale, and bloody. Kenji jumped.
"Holy- Mr. Twine— are you ok?!" Kenji acted. Mr. Twine glared at Kenji
"My son. Is he here?" Mr. Twine asked, pulling out a dagger from his belt. Kenji looked at the dagger then to Mr. Twine.
"No sir. And I think you should go home and get some re-" Kenji started as he shut the door. Mr. Twine quickly quickly the door open. Kenji backed up in shock.
"Mr. Twine! Please leave this property at once. You are not sane!" Kenji demanded. Mr. Twine scoffed and held the dagger out.
"Oh fuck that, you damn vampire shit. I know my sons here. And I won't hesitate to kill you to get him." Me. Twine screamed, walking towards Kenji. Kenji was offended and scared. He stepped backwards. Mr. Twine looked inside.
"Hmm... where the prince? Or his pretty fuckable husband? Or maybe... where's that asshole dragon? And the kids?" Mr. Twine asked, getting closer to Kenji. Kenji kept Me. Twine's eyes on his face but while he did that, he had motioned his hand, telling Gillian to get Jasper upstairs. But then he ran into a wall. Kenji's eyes widened. Mr. Twine got closer.
"Answer my questions, filthy vampire scum." Mr. Twine demanded, getting closer now that Kenji was stopped by the wall. Kenji trembled. Gillian picked Jasper up and slowly walked to the stairs, using the darkness as an advantage.
"They aren't here." Kenji said so Gillian could get upstairs with Jasper. Mr. Twine snickered.
"No one's here huh? Then I can do this." Mr. Twine said. Gillian was about to the top but froze when he saw what Mr. Twine did. Mr. Twine stabbed Kenji in the stomach. Kenji gaped in pain. Mr. Twine pulled away and stabbed him again and then again once more. Kenji gasped for air a fell to the ground, bleeding out. Mr. Twine chuckled. Jasper was shocked. Gillian quickly went to the children's room. Donny was there with Toby.
"Donny, Kenji's hurt downstairs." Gillian whispered. Donny froze.
"We gotta get out or something and tell Callum and Axel." Gillian said. Donny smiled and set Toby in his bed.
"Here. It's small but I think we can all fit." Donny said, pulling a rug off the floor. There was a secret door that led to the roof outside the window. Gillian looked at the exit.
"I can't fit down there. And Jasper's hurt." Gillian said. Donny frowned and played with his hair. He knelt down.
"I'll go. Just, keep Toby and the kids safe." Donny pleaded.
"Of course. Now hurry. Kenji is dying downstairs and Jasper's throbbing." Gillian pleaded. Donny nodded and went into the exit. Gillian shut the exit and pulled the rug back over it. He looked out he window and saw Donny on the roof. He watched him crawl down a ladder and run off towards the fields. Then there was yelling.
"WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IS JASPER!" Mr. Twine screamed, pulling Kenji's hair. Kenji was losing blood fast.
"N-Not here." Kenji trembled. Mr. Twine immediately slammed Kenji's head on the ground. Kenji was still conscious and in pain. Mr. Twine stood up and made his way upstairs.
"W-wait! I'll— I'll tell you where he is!" Kenji screamed, trying to keep Mr. Twine from going any further. Mr. Twine looked over at Kenji and smiled. He walked back over to Kenji.
"Speak then." Mr. Twine demanded. Kenji went to speak then coughed out blood. He felt pain and squeezed his eyes shut.
"Oi! Speak!" Mr. Twine demanded. Kenji then passed out from blood loss. Mr. Twine groaned.
"USELESS!" Mr. Twine screamed, lifting the dagger up to throw at Kenji. But then, Mr. Twine was hit on the back of the head with a piece of wood. He fell to the floor and was unconscious. Callum did that. August quickly ran upstairs to find the kids with Donny. Callum and Axel immediately went to Kenji.
"Kenji!" Axel cried, seeing the puddle of blood. Callum lifted Kenji to lean him on the wall. Axel shook Kenji's arm.
"Kenji! Baby!" Axel cried. Kenji gasped and his eyes widened then he felt the sharp pain again. Axel smiled and put pressure on the stab wounds.
    When everything settle down, Jasper got fixed up but the family couldn't do anything about the horn. They were gonna let Jasper stay for as long as he wanted. Callum and Donny stopped the bleeding on Jasper's head and he stayed in Gillian's room that night.
    August helped Jasper to Gillian's room. Gillian was sitting in his room waiting. When his door opened, he stood up immediately.
"He's ready to get some rest now." August said. Jasper smiled.
"Thank you for your help." Jasper said. August smiled.
"It's alright." August said. Gillian rushed over to Jasper.
"All the bleeding stopped?" Gillian asked.
"Mhm." August said. Jasper looked at Gillian and smiled.
"Goodnight." Gillian said.
"Goodnight." August said, leaving the room and shutting the door. Gillian led Jasper to the bed.
"Here." Gillian said. Jasper sat on Gillian's bed. Gillian smiled.
"You can sleep on the bed. I'll sleep on the ground." Gillian said. Jasper tilted his head.
"Why?" Jasper asked. Gillian rose an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?" Gillian asked.
"Sit on the bed." Jasper pleaded. Gillian looked at Jasper then obeyed. He sat down next to Jasper.
"Why must I not share the bed with a man that I would love to kiss?" Jasper asked. Gillian blushed.
"You said to hurry back so I could get another kiss." Jasper said. Gillian looked down nervously.
"I'm not a romantic type of person but I really like you." Gillian said. Jasper looked at Gillian and smiled. He got closer to Gillian.
"Well, if you want, I can be the dominant." Jasper said, touching Gillian's shoulder. Gillian blushed and looked at Jasper.
"I'm sure we can be switch... but I don't know if you want to be with me. I don't know how to be with someone." Gillian explained. Jasper smiled and got closer to Gillian. He leaned over Gillian, making Gillian fall back. Jasper got on him and held him in a pinned position.
"Then I'll teach you." Jasper said. Gillian blushed. Jasper leaned down and kissed Gillian. Gillian kissed back.

     Later that week, Kenji finally got a letter back from Bear, saying they would be coming on a specific date. And seeing as that specific date was a couple hours away, Kenji was cleaning extra. He woke up earlier than Axel to clean. When Axel woke up, he quickly rushed to find him. He found him cleaning the counters.
"Kenji baby. Don't work anymore." Axel pleaded, rushing over to Kenji.
"Axel, Bear and his family are coming today." Kenji said. Axel pulled Kenji into a hug.
"Kenji, you are still healing. Me and Lynx want you to be healthy and rested." Axel said. Kenji sighed and closed his eyes.
"Take me." Kenji declared. Axel smiled and picked Kenji up. He walked upstairs carrying Kenji carefully...

When Bear, Sean, and Derii arrived, Kenji greeted them. They were only staying for the night and leaving tomorrow but that was enough to see Kenji. Kenji was happy to see Bear again. And he was happy he got to meet Derii. Bear was happy to meet his new cousin Lynx. And they were both terribly upset to have to leave, but they did. It was for the best. And the family continued to grow.

To be continued...