Chapter 11

Ace and ?'s Story Pt 1...

Ace sat on his bed staring at his messy room in which nothing was able to be invisible anymore since his aunts were put in the dungeon. Nathanial walked up to the door and looked at the room.
"Ace." Nathanial said. Ace looked up at Nathanial.
"Yes?" Ace asked. Nathanial let three maid walk into the room. They started cleaning the room.
"Let's go." Nathanial said. Ace tried to read Nathanial's face. He stood up and followed Nathanial down the hall. Nathanial walked to the office and stopped at the door. Ace walked into the office and saw Trevor standing at the window.
"Yes father?" Ace said. Trevor lifted a hand.
"Come here." Trevor said. Ace walked over to Trevor and looked out the window. He saw dozens of people in the kingdom lined up on the street.
"Is father returning?" Ace asked.
"Don't speak." Trevor said. Ace looked up at Trevor and frowned.
They looked down at the crowd when finally a large group of guards walked down the middle. They were surrounding a man in the middle who had handcuffs on. They stopped at the castle bridge and they had to give the man a pat down. They watched Alpha walk down the long line of people after and behind him, guards were carrying a small chest. Trevor sighed and pointed at a chair in the corner.
"Go sit there. If you stand up at all, I'll have the guards chain you to it." Trevor said strictly. Ace quickly sat down in the corner. Trevor walked out of the room and down the stairs. In the ball room, The guards were in a row, standing behind and in front of the man with hand chains on. Alpha was standing in front of them all and the chest was still being held by the guards. Trevor walked up next to Alpha. He looked at him and saw the scratch marks on his face. He flinched.
"He put up a fight?" Trevor asked. Alpha nodded and turned to Trevor.
"He's a good fighter." Alpha said. Trevor glanced at the chest.
"And we've got our treasure back?" Trevor asked.
"Mhm." Alpha said. Trevor crossed his arms.
"Information." Trevor demanded. A guard stepped forward.
"Name, Taylor. Last name, unknown. Age, 19. Height, 6'. Species, Black Wolf. Regarding our current situation, stole from the royal vault, assaulted our king, and robbed several grand houses." The guard yelled out. Trevor turned to Alpha.
"You went against a black wolf?" Trevor asked.
"He threatened." Alpha stood his ground. Trevor turned to the guards.
"Show me." Trevor said. All the guards except two of them moved to the sides by three feet. The other two guards stood next to the man, holding him in place.
The man stared straight at Trevor with a glare. He had dark black eyes and bright white pupils that were in the shape of a crescent moon. His hair and ears were dark black. His tail was black and white. He had black jeans on, a dark grey shirt, and a dark green jean jacket over his shirt.
"I'll ask you once. And only once. Why did you rob my vault?" Trevor asked. The man, now identified as Taylor, didn't answer. Trevor turned to Alpha. Alpha shrugged.
"Just arrest him then. We have to go anyways." Alpha said.
"Oh shit- What do we do with Ace?" Trevor asked. Taylor stood there listening to the whole thing.
"What did he do? Why can't he come with us?" Alpha asked.
"La k of manners is what happened. Also forced the maids to clean up his messes." Trevor said. Alpha shook his head in disappointment.
"We can have Nathanial punish him or something." Alpha said.
"He can't. It's his anniversary tomorrow and he's going on vacation." Trevor said.
"Then we can lock him in a cell and have the maids and guards destroy his room. He can clean it up for himself." Alpha said.
"Who would watch him?" Trevor asked. Alpha groaned and turned to the guards.
"Throw him in a cell. And then report to the training hall." Alpha demanded, pointing at Taylor. Taylor went to speak then went quiet. He gulped. The guards started pulling him towards the prison under the castle. Alpha and Trevor started for the stairs. Taylor started to panic then squeezed his eyes shut.
"W-Wait!" Taylor screamed out. No one responded.
"I STOLE THE MONEY FOR MY BROTHER!" Taylor screamed. Trevor and Alpha both stopped and turned towards Taylor. The guards stopped pulling Taylor.
"What?" Trevor asked. Taylor gulped.
"The thing about stealing from multiple grand houses was false. It's only from one grand house. I stole for my little brother." Taylor explained. Trevor and Alpha glared at Taylor.
"You are a poor man?" Alpha asked. Taylor looked down in disappointment and nodded slowly.
"Where do you live?" Trevor asked. Taylor looked up at Trevor.
"The woods. I scavenge for food and I have to do what I can for money." Taylor said. Trevor immediately grew a bright idea. He turned to Alpha.
"I have an idea." Trevor said. Alpha looked at Trevor curiously.