90 - The Eternal Hunger

Start from the beginning

"We haven't traveled this far. There must be a mistake. We want to return to our ship, this is not our destination."

"This is exactly your destiny." the voice returned quickly and, next to Seiya, a single point of distant light slowly appeared, like the glow of day at the end of a huge tunnel. "You will find Paradise if you walk into the light."

Geist could see that light as well, but she spoke quite gravely.

"We have to get back to our mission! We will leave this place or fight our way out of this prison."

The light wavered for a moment, as did the purple illumination of the silhouette in the sky.

"Five thousand years." the voice enumerated at length. "Haven't you learned patience after all this time? You are not trapped, nor can you do anything."

Seiya then was not afraid of that threat from the heavens and lit that darkness they were in with his beautiful and warm Pegasus Cosmo, covering his body with the bluish aura that always protected him and worked miracles in his battles.

"The same fire. Just like your parents." the voice spoke, and Geist noticed how the purple-lit silhouette now seemed to go up in flames. "Agamemnon, Odysseus, Hector..."

"Seiya..." Geist asked him to calm down, because the colossus on the horizon didn't look happy.

"We can't waste time here, Captain." Seiya argued.

And he didn't speak anymore, because he couldn't move anymore, and Geist knew that that voice had paralyzed Seiya and that the Pegasus Saint could never do anything. And what was bad then got worse, because Seiya began to feel as if his neck was slowly being tightened, making him lose his breath, as if a force was choking him in an invisible way.

"Stop! We understand." June shouted to the sky.

And then Seiya fell to the ground, as if released by force, breathing hard and pulling as hard as he could.

"That was your first lesson. Remember it." spoke the depth voice. "You will walk in the light and then you will adore me as your parents adored me."

"Who are you anyway?" asked Geist, while June tended to Seiya.

The deep snore echoed off the horizon before answering.

"Search for your distant memories. Those from millennia past. And I will be there."

A chill rose through them all.

"Your parents knew me. And your parents' parents."

The shape on the horizon of the sky slowly faded away, as if the clouds were falling apart, although his voice echoed one last time.

"Come. This is a time of joy, not of sadness. You're coming home. May your hearts be prepared to sing."

And disappeared, never to be heard from again. The path to Heaven was still lit, and the light guided them through the darkness, though none of them here had any interest in following that predestined path.

"Looks like we're trapped here." Seiya said to them.

"You said we were still at the the Galleon, Geist." June remembered.

"Yes. I don't feel that I live a reality, but it doesn't seem like an illusion either. It's something completely different from what I've ever experienced."

"Saga said he would show us what awaited us." Seiya recalled.

"The reason we shouldn't have killed him." June completed.

They looked at each other, looking for some way to find the way out, if only through the eyes of their sailing friends. For in that darkness only the lack of hope and light spread; only one path seemed to lead anywhere. And it was the one lit by the colossus of the horizon.