Chapter 62: A Fight For Freedom

One of the guards steps forward, her top hands clapping while the other two below hold the spear. The smirk on her face looks familiar. When I see the bandage wrapped around her eye, I realize she's the one who spoke to me back at the treehouse. Bile fills the back of my throat as my body starts to sweat with wrath, my tail standing at attention ready for a fight.

"Where are they?" I spit at her. Her grin expands, and I'd love nothing more than to strangle her until her eyes pop out of her fucking head.

"Your precious mate and your unclaimed lover?" she asks, her smile stretching so far across her face it looks painful. "This may be a little personal, but I was wondering how you managed that?"

My tail flicks hard. "Managed what?"

"Oh, you know. Your soul being tied to him and your body craving her. Or is it that your body craves both and you just cant decide who you want inside you more?" the guard cackles. Her laugh singes my insides, her face making my vision go red.

"Shut up."

"I apologize if I overstepped, but really Ms. Corai, we're all dying to know who you actually came to save. A lot of us think it's him, since he's been screaming your name ever since he got here. No matter how many times he gets stabbed, he just won't stop his unbearable shouting." Some guards behind her snicker.

"But there's a few of us who think you came to save her. She's a stubborn one, that Luniod. Even through her tears, she won't give us any answers." she rubs her palm along her fist. "And you know, I may be a monster, but even I felt a little bad hitting her when she was so weak and defenseless. Remind me, how long is it that Lunoids can be without water?" she asks. My vision starts to blur from the rage.

She continues. "Between the lack of water and her spitting up so much blood, I'd say you came right on time. Who knows how much longer she would've lasted in here."

Estella grinds her teeth together next to me. I glance at her and see her wings are already hard, claws fully extended now. She was ready for this to end, and so was I. We were heavily outnumbered, but that wasn't what was running through our minds right now. Hearing what they were doing to Scorpius and Seren, how they were mocking their pain, all we wanted to do was make these guards plead for their lives.

As I stare at the one speaking to us, I knew that's exactly what I was going to do.

"I assume you're the Luniod's soul tie? What was her name again?" she questions the others behind her. They all look at each other, grins on their faces as they shrug their shoulders. The main guard waves her hand at them. "Ah, it doesn't matter."

"Tell us where they are, and I won't rip your heart straight from your chest." Estella growls. The guard laughs, wiping fake tears from her eyes.

"Oh, my dear. Aren't you one feisty little thing? Why don't you leave Ms. Corai there and join us. I'm sure Lord Crpyt would love to have you as an addition to our team."

Estella scoffs. "And have a leader like you who cant protect that ugly face of yours? Thanks, but no thanks." her eyebrow lifts. "By the way, how did you lose that eye?" The guard's smile falls, her grip on the spear tightening.

Estella laughs. "Sorry, did I overstep too?" she mocks. I grin.

"Grab the Luniod. We have no use for the Airlie." the guard announces. Immediately, the other guards rush towards us.

Estella turns to me. "You trust me?"

I shake my head. "Not really." We both look back at the mob that's charging at us. "A little."

"Good enough." she lifts me by my shoulders, her wings softening so she can fly us up. What was she doing? "I'm going to drop you when we get above them." she explains when we get to the top of the high ceiling. The mob doesn't stop coming.