Chapter 21: True Colors

"Get up." I hear someone say. The voice sounds foggy and far away. "Come on." It says again. My head throbs, trying to make out what's going on. My hands graze the back of my head, a small bump forming from what I can feel.

I open my eyes, groaning when I push myself up on my elbows. I sink a little when I attempt to sit up. Looking around I can see why. Somehow I've ended up on the bed, the mattress moving from my weight shifting on top of it. I pinch the bridge of my nose trying to fight off the pain in my head, but it does nothing.

"Is that something you do often?"

I open my eyes and look to where the voice is coming from. Leaning against the frame of the bed is Scorpius, his arms crossed in front of him. Black dots dance across my vision as I watch him nonchalantly turn his finger back and forth in the light, examining the golden tattoo he now has.

"And what exactly do you mean by that?" I ask, rubbing my eyes to get the dots to disappear. He continues to study his finger as if I haven't spoken. Crossing my legs, I sit up and lean my back against the headboard to keep me steady. I don't have enough strength to trust myself to hold me upright.

He sighs, pushing his fingers through his black hair and lets his hands fall to his side. Still he doesn't face me. In fact, from the look on his face, it seems like he barely acknowledges that I'm a few feet away from him.

"Hello? Are you even listening?" I toss one of the pillows at him. I'm stunned when he catches it without even a glance at it hurtling toward his head. He throws it on the ground next to him, sitting on the edge of the bed with his back to me.

"Fainting. Are you going to just pass out whenever you feel like it because that'll be really inconvenient?"

"Inconvenient for who?"

He snorts. "Me. Who else would it be bothersome for?"

"Are you always this-"

"Handsome? Charming?" he asks, getting up and throwing himself on the sheets in front of my feet. I tuck my knees to my chest before his body has a chance to touch me.

"Idiotic. Annoying. Self-centered." I mumble. He folds his hands behind his head, staring up at the ceiling. His shirt lifts enough for me to see the veins trailing up his hips. Immediately I turn my head, laying my cheek on my knees and wrapping my arms around them.

"That wasn't a very nice thing to say." he says. "I thought you Lunoid females were supposed to be humble and obedient."

Did he just say obedient? The more I listen to him talk the easier it is to forget everything that just happened before I fainted and focus on the original plan I had. Stabbing him straight in his heart.

I don't say anything. Instead, I stare at the side table going over the plan in my head.

First, I had to get this man to trust me. Not only that, I had to get him to fall for me and lust after me the way he had before. I blush thinking about the way I'd been basically riding his thigh to get myself off. I sigh, moving on to the next part of the plan.

Second thing I had to do was get off this planet of death. I didn't know how long it would take for someone to get us to Xoven or if Scorpius himself could take us, but I needed that to happen as soon as possible. Maybe even sooner.

Third, once we got to Xoven I needed to convince this thick headed demon to want to live on the blue side of it. There would be enough water and hopefully enough land for us to reside there.

Finally, when the time came I would have to kill him. I needed to figure out a way to get a weapon and then use it on him. And when he was over and done with, the most important part of the plan, I had to find Seren.