Chapter 23: The Devil Himself

"And what is your name?" Ogmellos asks me. I shrink into Caelum, trying not to let it seem like I'm intimated. It's obvious to everyone in this room, including me, that I'm failing with flying colors.

Scorpius hasn't moved. His jaw hasn't stopped clenching either since Ogmellos made his presence known. I can only see the side of his face now that he's turned to where Ogmellos is but, from what I can see, I might be even more afraid.

The room is silent. Ogmellos lazily twirls a finger around the end of his long black hair which ends just below his bare shoulders. He's shirtless which lets me see the entirety of his muscles and veins pushing against his pink skin. A silver chain like the ones hanging on the doors is wrapped around his waist, falling against his dark green pants.

His body is about the same size as Scorpius' but his shoulders are much broader. What terrifies me the most is the enormity of his horns. How could his head hold the weight of them?

Ogmellos lets out a sigh, walking towards me and Caelum.

"You didn't answer my question. What are you doing here at this time?" Scorpius questions. I've never heard this much rage in his voice before and it scares me. Although, I don't fear him. What makes me afraid is wondering what the reason could be behind it. What had Ogmellos done? I was nervous to find out what he was capable of.

"And she hasn't answered mine." Ogmellos doesn't turn around to face Scorpius when he talks to him. He keeps his dark eyes fixed on me.

"She doesn't need to answer you." Caelum replies. He takes a step back, pushing me with him.

Ogmellos watches each movement, his eyes quickly darting back to mine. A smirk breaks across his face.

"Don't you think that's a bit rude?" he jeers, sucking on his bottom lip. He takes a step forward causing Caelum to push me back once more.

"Why don't you be on your way?"

Ogmellos' face falls. "Easy, Caelum. You don't want to lose your other horn now, do you?"

Caelum stiffens next to me but his expression stays the same. The air around us is thick with an underlying tenseness. I don't know what to do or how to deescalate the situation without making it worse somehow.

If Ogmellos was insinuating that he was the cause of Caelum losing a horn, I couldn't imagine how powerful he must be. His size wasn't as impressive but maybe it wasn't his body that made him strong or scary. Maybe there was a reason his horns gave me this weird chill whenever I looked at them.

Was it possible that Pharons held their power in their horns? That the reason Ogmellos could potentially beat Caelum to the point where he would lose a horn was because his were inferior compared to Ogmellos?

As much as I didn't want to, I had to do something to get his attention off Caelum just in case his threat was real. I didn't know Caelum for that long, nor did I know Scorpius, but what I did know was I didn't want anyone to get hurt. Which was ironic seeing as later on I would be the one hurting one of them.

I step around Caelum so I'm now facing Ogmellos head on. His smile widens, his black eyes shining with amusement. My stomach does backflips, but I straighten my shoulders and stride forward just enough to keep his attention solely on me.

"Hello." I force out, steadying my voice.

"Well aren't you precious?" Ogmellos dips his chin down to look at me. He runs a finger along the metal of the chain sitting on his waist. For some reason the gesture creeps me out.

For a second I glance at Scorpius behind him. His face is hard while he watches me interact with Ogmellos. His black eyes seem to be blazing but he doesn't move, his jaw still clenched with anger.