CHAPTER:39

Aera's pov

We haven't spoken for the past fifteen minutes; instead, he and I have been standing apart from one another and staring at the ground, with our backs resting on his car. He then opened his car door took something out and showed me a packet of snack.

I turned my attention to him before looking at the packet.

"What, eat it; it isn't toxic."

I turned around and told him no with my nose flaring and clenched lips.

I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden I felt incredibly angry and frustrated; an internal volcano was erupting.

'He didn't even bat an eye at me for the past two months, and now he's acting like he's concerned? What does he think of himself! He gave me snacks as if he felt sorry for me. Bullshit! After THAT night, he didn't even ask how I was doing.'

He offered me the bottle of water as I was lost in my own thoughts and cursed him mercilessly. I turned back to the bottle and then to him.

"Drink it; it's just water."

"I'd prefer not to!" I yell at him. In response, he scowled.

"What the heck, I'm just offering you some water"

"And I also said that I don't want it!!" I yelled once more as I shifted to face him.

"What the hell are you shouting for?"

"You're to blame!"

He made a single brow lift and made a tongue click.

"Don't show me this attitude! You're to blame for the mess I'm in!"

"Oh yeh? Cool! What are you waiting for then? Go now! Your car is there! You weren't told to stay by me!"

"I would have left ages ago! But-!"

When reality struck, I froze in mid-sentence. It wasn't that I didn't want to go, but...

He scowled for a time, and when it finally dawned on him, he smirked while flashing his fangs at me. I gave him a reverse frown.

"Oh, I see it now! You want to go yet are unable to. Cause...."

he walked over to me and placed his finger on my forehead.

"Miss Little Pussy Cat is afraid to leave by herself"

Yes, that was it; I was so furious with him that I actually wanted to kill and bury him alive. A volcano had been building up in my head for a long time and was about to erupt. I lost all ability to control.

"YAA! YOU!!!" - I screamed and jerked his finger off my forehead.

"Youuuu....!!!-"

"Yeh what", he provoked me, and trust me, he was just asking for his own destruction.

I searched the ground for something or just to grab something when I noticed some small, palm-sized rocks. I ran straight, grabbed a good number of them, and turned to face him.

His eyes went wild with shock when he saw me with the pebbles, so I picked one and raised my right hand to toss it his way.

"Y-yah! Are you insane, those things hurt!"

"Guess what, that is my goal!"

I yelled back and carelessly flung the rock towards his side, but to my surprise, he knelt down, and the boulder ended up behind him inside the car, shattering the driver's seat glass. My eyes grew as huge as a coconut.

'Holy shit!'

Since I was still in shock, I failed to notice when he drew close to me and grabbed both of my arms, causing me to drop the pebbles I was holding and fall to the ground.

"Yah! Let me go!" I screamed in an attempt to break free of his grip, but instead it tightened even more around my wrists.

"It would be my biggest mistake in life to leave a psycho like you alone."

"Leave me, I said!" I made an effort to resist his strength, but in the end, he forced my body to arch and press up against his front while pinning my wrist behind my back.

We were only an inch away on our faces, and I could feel his gentle breathing on my entire face. As soon as we locked eyes, the outside world once more vanished, and I stopped flinching in his hold. Instead, his gentle touch gave me the greatest sense of security.

He seemed equally absorbed in my eyes as I was in his, I believe. I'm not sure how, but my body started to move slowly but steadily in his direction. I suppose now even my body was betraying me to feel his touch.

My only regret is that I was too drunk to remember his touch that night; all I can recall is that it was ethereal yet magical. I never accepted, but after that night at the beach, I was internally dying to feel that touch again. I yearned to experience that once more. I am aware that I was acting truly psychotic at the time, going fully insane but it wasn't in my control.

My eyes were fixed on his lips when our noses were almost in contact. Although I wasn't high, it felt that way because I might have lost my sanity. The shocking part was that he didn't stop me; thus, I swallowed while gazing at his lips before shifting my gaze to his eyes.

When I saw him staring at me with a certain emotion in his eyes—an emotion he was overly attempting to control—I felt a pang in my heart. And then all of a sudden, I was drawn back to "that" night, remembering our deep kiss, the beautiful touch we shared, the electric sensations I experienced throughout my entire body, and more. He seemed unwilling to release his firm hold on my face and the back of my waist that evening.

The daydreaming reminiscence came to a stop with the realisation that only I could recall that special evening; he wasn't part of it. And as I considered that painful truth, my eyes started to cry up. The emotion that I had been repressing for the past two months was now too difficult for me to suppress and was beginning to resurface.

I wanted to yell at him, argue with him, and ask him why he had forgotten that night and why I had to remember. Furthermore, I was the only one who was unable to forget, despite my best efforts.

That was it; I lost control of my emotions. I realised that the volcano I was feeling inside of me was actually made up of the hurt feelings I had suppressed for a long time, and it only began to erupt when I finally got a close-up look at his face.

While we were both still looking at each other, tears of all of my suffering began to fall from my eyes. His eyes seemed a little startled upon seeing them, and he chewed on his inner cheek. To me at that moment, he appeared angry and frustrated, but this time not toward me, but toward himself. I gasped a little as his hold on my wrists grew tighter.

No matter how hard I tried, I was unable to stop weeping because it pained me too much, and I believe he could see the pain in my eyes. This time, his face got nearer to mine.

He whispered as softly as he could, just loud enough for me to hear while looking into my eyes.

"I'm sorry,"

Before I could process the meaning of what he had just said, his lips had already touched mine. As I watched him, my eyes grew even bigger, and I once more felt the electric currents coursing through my body. My body again felt alive. He then released his hold on my wrists behind my back, causing both of my hands to fall to my sides, and grabbed my waist, bringing me closer to him while intensifying his kiss.

I seized his coat by the chest with one hand and tightly gripped his left arm sleeve with the other. I closed my eyes which were still shedding silent tears and felt hungry to feel his touch even more. When he felt me kiss him back, his hold on my waist tightened. He kissed me so deeply that it seemed as though he was trying to take away all of my suffering, We kissed each other passionately as if nothing else mattered in the world.

And then I was lost In euphoria, his euphoria.

*
*
*