CHAPTER:46

"Busy in your world?" his voice jerked me off from my thoughts. And I almost had a heart attack.

"God! You scared me!" - I yelled at him, both hands on my chest.

"You get scared too?" he said, with a devilish grin. "I see"

I glare at him, he's sitting on one of the fancy looking sun bathing chair right beside the pool edge. His body was forward, his elbows resting on his knees. And, oh my goodness! He's only dressed in swimming trunks. He's practically half naked! His chest is in my full view, god this man has a wild chest. Is he some kind of Greek god or what?

He may have caught me staring at his body for too long because his little smirk had grown wild and his eyes had narrowed on me. And then I felt like my body was on fire from his stare. I felt tingles all over my body as he swept his gaze across it before returning to my face.

"When did you get here?" I asked, slightly shaking my head.

"Right when you were busy awing the pool"

I gave him another glare, which made his eyes twinkle with delight. Is he having fun with this?

"What exactly are you doing here?" I doubt he'd be here to take in the scenery.

"What do I look like?"

I frown at his question but do not respond.

"Clearly, no one would go for a walk in this."

When he pointed to his shorts, my gaze was drawn to his crotch area; those shorts were practically glued to him. And his thigh muscles were out of this world! But why does it make my mouth water, as if I've just seen a dessert?

"Right?"

My gaze shifts from his legs to his face as he speaks. And now I know he realised I was staring at his crotch. Jesus just kill me because the satisfying expression on his face is causing me to burn through hell, and I feel a rush of blood gather in my cheeks and neck.

"Can't say anything about you," I retort sarcastically. I'm doing my best to focus my attention on his face rather than his entire body.

"True," he said, his smirk tinged with amusement.

And here we go again, the burning silence between us, we just stared at each other with a fire in both of our eyes, his gaze is filled with something, something passionate, sometimes dangerous, but instead of making me feel uncomfortable, it makes me feel more attracted to him, as if he's pulling me towards him with an invisible rope.

His gaze moves from my face to my lips, then to my neck, chest, and finally to deep water where my legs are, where I'm sure the water is so clean that my legs pop even in the water. He sexually licks his bottom lip, which takes me out of the temptation.

I blink twice and try to move backward, but my one leg slips on the pool tile and I'm under water, drowning, in a split second. And my recent phobia's anxiety returns.

It makes me forget about everything practical. This pool can't drown me because of my height, but that's pointless because my body can't move; I want to swim through the water for air, but I can't; I gasp for air, and suddenly my body feels heavy. I don't remember anything except drowning and dying, which is exactly what happened that day.

I closed my eyes firmly, when suddenly I felt a warm arm wrapped around my waist, hauling me up in the water, and I'm gasping when the air enters my lungs, my body is forced against something warm and strong, and my arms are wrapped around someone's neck. And then I realised I was hugging someone while coughing. My eyes are still shut.

"Jesus! You scared the fuck out of me!"

I slowly opened my eyes, he saved me again, kim taehyung saved me from drowning. And now I'm wrapped like a cocoon around his body. My legs are floating in the water, and I realise he's lifting me under water, his one hand wrapped around the lower back of my torso and his other hand on the back of my head as he pulls a little from the hug to look my eyes.

His eyes are filled with worry and something else I can't explain. Is he concerned about me? That is not possible.

"Are you all right?"

He asked me in his husky deep voice, which gave me goosebumps all over, but this time there was something else in his voice, a slight tremble, as if he was actually scared.

But have I mentioned how hot he is right now? Wet hair, puffed chest against my breasts. His biceps flexed visibly as he held me on my back. God, I almost died for the second time, and instead of being terrified, I'm in awe of this man's beauty?

"You get scared too," I mocked him, trying to lighten the mood.

But that didn't humour him, instead his jaw clenched around his neck, his eyes as keen as a dagger. As if he's enraged. But, at the very least, he was less worried now.

His next words are delivered in a sharp, deep whisper.

"You nearly fucking died, Aera."

I flinched when I heard my name come out of his mouth; it blends so well on his tongue, but in my experience, it only comes out of his mouth when he's scared for me. Yes for me. THE Kim Taehyung was scared for me. And I'm not sure why, but it gives me butterflies in my stomach.

"Almost," I say against his lips, noticing how close our faces are, only a few inches apart. And my body was still pressing up against his tough one.

"But....you saved me," I finished... looking at his lips Which resulted in a small frown following my words.

"Hell I did" I flicked my eyes into his. And his eyes finished his sentence that his mouth couldn't- 'hell I did, and I always will,' the last words were silent, I don't know how I was able to track that down but I did and I was more than hundred percent sure it was exactly what he meant.

*
*
*