CHAPTER:95

Ari's POV

The sound of my name being called brought me to foggy consciousness.

I shook my head to clear the grogginess, blinking my eyes open and unable to move. I realized why as I looked down. My hands were bound to the arms of a chair, the rope wrapping around my wrists and fastening them to the wood exactly over my scars.

My stomach dropped.

No.

No.

My breathing became more rapid as I struggled to get free, chafing my wrists against the rope. This couldn't be happening again. I couldn't survive it again.

God, please. No.

"Aera!"

I looked up when I heard a loud, masculine voice shout my name.

Kim taehyung

He was there, across from me, tied to a chair, with ropes going across his chest, his hands, and his feet. The side of his face was covered with blood. His lips brushed against the corner of his mouth.

He had been beaten. They must have beaten him unconscious and hauled us here.

How long had I been slumbering? Hours? Days?! God what In the world happened?!

I pushed my tongue to the roof of my mouth. Inhaling deeply, I gazed around the room, attempting to distract myself from the greasy fingers of black massaging my thoughts. And felt my heart drop.

It was the same room.

The same room I'd been in for three days years before, tied to a chair, bloody footprints on the floor when I fought to escape. All of my therapy over the years could not have prepared me for the mental attack that this place would deliver. The walls began to shut in around me.

"Pretty whore..."

I opened my mouth, but my gaze was fixed on the wall above Kim taehyung's head, where the chains were still dangling free. My throat became constricted. The oily fingers engulfed my awareness, oozing tar into my lungs and weighing me down.

"Goddamnit, look at me!"A shout penetrated the fog.

"Aera, my bug, look at me," a man exclaimed from afar. "Give me your beautiful eyes."

Beautiful eyes. I recognised that voice, the voice of honey and chocolate.

Kim taehyung.

I looked at him, perplexed as to why he was there. He hadn't been there the last time. I'd been alone in this room, terrified. I was scared now – so, so scared. My hands began to shake.

"Aera," he said, his dark eyes fixed on mine, angry, passionate, and flaming. "I am going to kill every single man in this building for this. None of them will even come close to touching you. I promise. Believe me, my bug."

I began to shake.

I believed him, yet my memories clashed with his words. I tried everything to calm my heart, every technique in the book to close the door in my thoughts, but it crept in. I was stranded in a deep marsh of pain, trying to get out and move forward but being unable to do so.

*

Two years ago.

I fluttered up my eyes, startled as I awoke in an unfamiliar setting.