CHAPTER:45

Aera's POV

We arrived in Los Angeles safely after a nearly eleven-hour flight. It's my first time in La. Yes, I have never left my native Canada. Our company vehicles drove us all to the hotel where we are staying. Other staff members are staying on another floor of the hotel for the band's privacy, while I, as their manager, am staying on the same floor as them.

I could choose any floor, but I was forced to stay as close to the members as possible, especially to him- JK (just know) being a babysitter sucks. Technically, I'm not on babysitting duty just yet. But just thinking about being close to him and keeping a close eye on him makes my heart race. CEO has forced me to do the one thing I hate doing these days. PS- keeping close to THE kim taehyung.

We're all in the hotel elevator, by 'we' I mean BTS and just me. Yes, not a single other member of staff. We're staying on the 13th floor of a seven-star hotel, one of the best in Los Angeles. And I'm screaming internally whenever I see something luxurious in the hotel; don't get me wrong, I'm not a poor girl seeing everything for the first time; my life growing up in Canada was better than any middle-class one, but this? This is multi-millionaire territory. And it clearly shows.

The shooting begins tomorrow, so everyone has some time to rest for the day. The sun has already set, and it's nearly dark. When I looked around, I noticed that everyone was tired from the long hour flight. We reach on our floor.

Obviously, it's BTS I'm talking about and clearly, they'd play Rock Paper Scissors to determine the order of taking the keys. I'm not surprised that Kim Taehyung comes in first. Without looking at me, he takes a random key from my hand. The sequence is then followed by suga, jin, Rm, jhope, jimin, and jungkook. I announce before they take their keys and fly to their rooms.

"Tomorrow is the first day of shooting; if possible, rest today rather than passing the time outside or at night.We'll meet in the lobby at 10:00 a.m."

They all nodded at me before heading back to their rooms. I also double-check the room number on my key.

1302

I start dragging my bag down the path that leads to my room. and get halted with a surprise. Actually, it's a shock. My room is right in the middle of the two youngests. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but the other youngest is kim fucking taehyung, not jimin! And I'm furious. This was my only chance to avoid him, but I guess CEO in Korea was praying too hard for us to stay together.

When they noticed me, they were both unlocking their doors. Jungkook is as happy as a child after knowing that his best friend has been chosen as his partner in a school project. On the other hand, I can't make out his expressions... He doesn't appear happy, but he also doesn't appear sad. Or frustrated? Or angry? It's a poker face. I guess I expected that from him to get irritated finding me as his temporary neighbour.

He returns his attention to the door, unlocks it quickly, and then he's gone! I ignore him and unlock my own room, about to enter when Jungkook calls my name.

"I'm going downstairs to the pool...do you wanna join?" He appears overly excited for someone who has just flown for eleven hours straight.

He must have read my expressions because he spoke again before I could turn down his offer.

"Oh come on, nerdy, set aside your nerdiness for a few days; believe me, it'll be fun."

He looks at me with his doe puppy eyes, or, more accurately, his doe bunny eyes.

I sigh and nodded. "Fine, but not for long; I need to rest as well."

"Cool! meet me in five?"

I nodded once more and entered my room.

*

I've been swimming and playing in the water with Jungkook for an hour now; I'm not technically wearing a swimsuit, but it's close enough; my stretchy shorts are almost as short as my underwear, maybe a few inches longer...matching with my black tank top.

Jungkook is dressed in a long-sleeved, loose shirt and boxer shorts. Which now reveals his extraordinary body details as the wet fabric material sticks to every muscle in his body, I gotta say this man has a body, and I mean THE body. Which could entice any girl, but not me. I'm not sure why, but I just don't feel that way about him or anyone else with a good face or body; it wasn't always like that. Not until I met him, that is.

We're swimming, laughing, and throwing water at each other when Jungkook's phone rings with a message. He cursed as he swam to the side of the pool where our phones were.

"Shit, nerdy...sorry to say, but I gotta go, I was supposed to meet Rm Hyung for some lyrics help."

He looks at me apologetically.
"Are you leaving or staying?"

I paused for a moment before responding.

"I guess I'll stay for a while, you go first, and I'll probably leave in a few minutes."

I assured him, and with a nod, he quickly left, leaving me alone to enjoy the stars and the view of the poolside.

Which suddenly reminded me of Kim Taehyung's penthouse pool. It was almost identical to this one, but larger and deeper.

And with that, I'm transported back to the day when I almost drowned in that pool; I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared when I saw it; the incident has definitely caused some phobia in me, but when Jungkook went inside first, I noticed it isn't that deep; the water only comes up to my torso. Which is fine, because the pool where I drowned was clearly much deeper than my height. It was probably deep enough for his stature. And there is a significant difference in our heights. He's far too tall. Exceptionally tall.

"Busy in your world?"

*
*
*