CHAPTER:80

V's POV

It's three a.m., and I'm sucking on my sugar ball while sitting on a lounge sofa on the terrace, reading the details about our new miss manager on my phone.

Born and brought up in Washington DC. No experience in professional jobs. Used to work at her friend's flower shop in Dc. Mastered in management.

Hah, everything false except maybe her educational details. And also as dull as fuck. In her resume, there was nothing noteworthy to learn. I had a million fucking questions for her. But I knew she wouldn't answer any because of her new feisty personality.

I look up her new name on the internet to learn anything I can about her. But, of course, she wasn't a star, and the results revealed millions of other park Ari. I double-checked her identification card and citizenship, which she had included in her attachments. They didn't appear to be phony. Her attention to detail was impeccable, almost perfect. Too perfect for a normal DC resident. And that was suspicious.

As I lean back on my elbows and stare at the city lights, I sigh and move my lollipop to the other side of my mouth. I brush my hands over my dark locks, the chilly breeze makes my hair dance in the air.

She definitely did an excellent job in finding out this place. It had all of the luxuries that the members and I needed. And she took advantage of it as a bribe to us.

But, for an unknown who had just joined the company, these details were extremely difficult to decipher. These were personal details. Too personal. Nobody could find it on the internet. Maybe Sejin Hyung could've told her, but he was never interested in our private info, so I doubted he even knew.

She had already begun working on her plan to reconnect the members as they used to. But she was looking for something that had never been lost In the first place.

We were all still the fucking same. We all cared. The only difference was that we didn't highlight it. Members would never admit it, but I fucking knew they were just acting arrogant and uncaring. After all, I was intimately familiar with it.

She forced us all to stay in one place. Excellent work. A round of applause for her. But she also chose a location that was larger than any of our apartments. Not a clever move. If she believed that simply forcing us to live together would transform us back into who we were, she was delusional.

Even after staying in the same place, the members avoided each other. They all took their own personal space in the house, and no one showed up for dinner. We were still living on our own, just under one roof. She just squandered money and time on this.

Despite the fact that her new persona was intriguing. Gone was the girl with the pink pouty lips and rainbows. She was ferocious now. In comparison to the girl I knew who lived in her pink world, her aura was almost too dark. I knew it was all an act when she was cold and shit towards us. She couldn't hide the girl she used to be by applying a red tint to her lips. Despite the fact that I was tempted to imagine those same red lips wrapped around my cock.

But I knew she wasn't the same anymore. Something had changed. Something terrible had happened to her. My fists clench at the thought of anyone hurting her.

She'd lost weight, and her skin was so pale that I was afraid I'd bruise it if I held her in my palm, leaving red and purple marks on her skin.

My cock hardened under my sweats as a result of the thought. But I disregarded the agony as I thought about her new hair. That was the most surprising plot twist for me. She fucking cut her hair. I expected to be enraged because she had lost something I admired about her. But it didn't arrive. Not even one percent.