CHAPTER: 36

Everything changed after that night on the beach.

We.......changed.

*2 MONTHS AGO*

It was a new day, new beginning, everything had changed in just a month, we arrived safely yesterday at night, it was already midnight, everyone seemed tired after the long drive, I tried to sneak peak at the dorm and looked side by side to check if there was that one matte black car parked or not. But to my regret there wasn't. He wasn't there yet.

I was unable to fall asleep because I was incapable to stop overthinking every scenario that could possibly arise. And here I was, completely lost in thought, overanalysing the same question while starring at myself in the elevator's mirror wall.

'After that "incident," what is going through his head? Does he think too much like I do? Is he just as tense as I am.'

I wanted to know what he was thinking and doing, and I had a tonne of questions I wanted to ask, but I knew I couldn't. When the elevator halted at the 7th floor, I grumbled and headed to my office after receiving a message from manager Seejin inviting me to the meeting with the CEO about new plans and management that would be taking place in a meeting room.

I went directly to the conference room after setting my luggage and laptop down on the desk. We exchanged greetings and engaged in some business conversation while there were only managers in attendance before the CEO, RM, and Suga arrived. Behind him, I could hear the voices of other members. My heart began to beat quickly as I pondered the thought.

'Is he also going to be here?'

I had my eyes glued to the door while we greeted the CEO and the other members arrived one by one, but he, he didn't come.

'Is he really not gonna attend?'

My eyes were still fixed to the entrance while others exchanged morning greetings.

"Miss Aera"

I turned my attention away from the entrance to manager seejin when he called.

"Should we begin the meeting now?"

"Oh, sure, please"

I sighed once more as I cast one last peek at the door, concluding that he probably won't come. I began to move toward the chair at the table with my back to the door when I heard the sound of familiar footsteps. I stopped because I knew the sound of those footsteps—how could I not, given that I had lived with them for a month?—and it was now ingrained in my memory.

"Oh taehyungah!" Jimin gave him a call.

My heart began to race the moment I heard his name. It felt as though I had become a statue as my mind went blank and I was unable to think of anything.

I don't know why I was terrified to confront him, but even though I had been longing to see his face since that night, when he eventually arrived, I was still uneasy. His footsteps could be heard coming closer to me. My back still facing him.

'He's right behind me!'

Before I could turn to look at him from behind, he walked right past next to me. I looked up to see his back as he walked into the room and sat down next to Jimin. He didn't even glance at me as he was constantly on his phone. However, I just remained motionless and stared at him.

He seemed to be "normal"? He was just being himself; I didn't notice any change in him, but I had the impression that he was avoiding me. I sat in my chair as the meeting began and struggled to concentrate on anything. Every five minutes, I would cast a sidelong glance at him, but he always appeared to be focused on something else.

'He remembers what happened that night right!?'

I became even more afraid by the idea and kept asking myself, 'What if he all blacked out,What will I do then? And how shall I conduct myself in his presence?'

As soon as the meeting was over, the CEO and managers left the room, leaving only BTS and Me. I was gathering my paperwork and notes when I overheard Jimin asking him,

"How was it?How in the world did you spend your yesterday? After we got drunk, you started acting strangely. Are you feeling sick?"

Everyone was looking at him for the answer when he simply clutched his head and said the words that gave me the deepest anxiety.

"Kinda, I think I drank too much to the level, I blacked out."

The papers I was holding fell to the ground, my heart seemed to stop briefly, and everyone's focus shifted from him to me.

"Ah, I'm sorry"- I bent down and started collecting all the papers, hiding my face as I was almost on the verge of crying, my eyes were already glossy when jimin and jin came to help me. And I was able to restrain my tears.

"Are you still feeling under the weather, little one?" - Jimin inquired, his face showing worry.

He again asked, and I shook my head in the no.

"Are you sure? After the alcohol, you also seem different."

"Y-yeh! Absolutely fine!"

I looked at him and it seemed like he didn't care; he was still looking through his phone as if he hadn't heard me at all.

"It's just that I also experience a blackout after drinking sometimes, so it's normal."

I'm not sure why I lied, but I had no choices because he didn't remember anything and it was simply a "incident." I tried to convince myself that it wasn't a big deal because the kiss meant nothing to either of us. I then began acting as though nothing had happened.

There was a new wall between us starting that day, and we both tried to avoid each other as much as possible. And for some reason, I wanted to smash through that barrier and yell at him about everything that happened that evening. I wanted to tell him everything. Was I acting out of character, I don't know why. Yet, of what?

*

*

*

Sorry for a boring chapter 😭