Chapter 24 we will fight it together

Start from the beginning

Hope looked at me by my comment. Then she looked back at Landon and said ''actually, we are meeting Lizzie. Well, at least we think it's Lizzie. Both of us got a note saying to meet in the garden at 12:00 pm. We though it was from each other, but we suspect Lizzie casting a spell to look like it was from both of us to each other. So, now we are going there to see what she has planned. Wanna come?''.

I looked up at her, when she asked Landon to come. ''actually, I don't think it's a go...'', then I got caught off by Landon. ''yeah, I would love to come'', he answered with a smile. ''great'', I mumbled. ''what?'', Landon asked. ''oh, nothing'', I said. ''good. Then shall we?'', Hope questioned. Landon answered ''yeah''.

Before I could answer I heard my name from a distance ''Nick''. I turned around and saw back in the woods. Then I saw him Malivore. He looked at me with a smirk on his face, saying ''hurt, doesn't it? See the one you love, in love with someone else. Oof, that's gotta sting son. Well, I can make it go. If you give me a chance and help me son. I can make your pain and feelings disappear. What do you say?''.

My eyes glowed again and before I knew what I was doing. I went to the gate and opened it up. Running towards him.

I tackled him to the ground. Then the monsters face came. It was an odd looking monster. He had green skin and some kind of horns right above his face. He just smiled at me and said ''maybe not now or soon, but later you will change your mind and save the ones you loves. Even h...''. Then he cut himself off and turned around. I turned around to his direction and saw what he was looking at or rather who, Hope. I turned my sight back at him and growled at him. This caught his attention. He looked back at me, saying ''hit a nerve did I now? Well, you see my point son''.

Before I got a chance to say something Hope and Landon came.

Hope's pov

I saw Nick running and opening the gate. I watched him closely to see what I he was doing. Then I saw a monster. He tackled the monster and held him down. I saw the monster saying something then looking at me. Short after Nick turned around looking at me too. Then he turned back and growled at the monster. I have no idea what the monster said, that made Nick mad to growl at him. I let go of Landon and rushed to Nick.

3rd pov

Hope was beside Nick and the monster. Nick looked at her and she looked back at him. The monster's eyes turned white and Malivore was gone. Nick and Hope saw this and before they could do anything. The monster got away from Nick's grip and hit him hard. That made Nick fall backwards.

Hope tried to chant something, but it didn't work as the monster stood up and grabbed her by the throat.

Nick got up and saw this. Making his eyes glow more stronger than ever. He shifted his face into fully wolf. He howled and that caught the monster's attention. The monster looked at the angry werewolf behind him. Nick looked into the monster's eyes and said ''let her go'', with his very angry voice. Then suddenly the monster did what he said.

He let go of Hope. Hope started coughing as the monster looked at Nick. Nick didn't think the monster would obey him, but he did.

The monster stood there, still. Nick went over to him. The monster didn't even move. He stood there, looking at Nick. Nick tested a theory. So, he took this as an opportunity to take the monster out. He took his hand and ripped the monster's heart out.

The monster fell down almost immediately.

Nick then shook his head a little and his face went back to normal. He turned around to Hope and Landon. As he had the monster heart in his hand.

None of them said anything.

Nick then tossed the heart away and looked at his bloody hands. He has not been angry like this before. Not even when he killed Scott. This was another type of anger. An anger he doesn't want to experience again.

Hope walked to him. Taking him by his chin. His head was now up, but his eyes didn't meet Hope. She however, looked at him. There she saw blood coming down from his forehead. She also saw he had gotten a bruise right above his cheeks.

Landon saw this, and that's when he understood. That Hope's feeling for his half wolf and half phoenix brother, was more deeper than he thought.

Hope said to Nick ''look at me''. Nick obeyed and did what she said. He looked into her eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes, he can get so lost in.

Hope looked at him to, saying ''hey, it's okay. We will figure this out together. We'll tell this to doctor Saltzman and we will find a solution. But for now, we have to try and stay strong. Okay? We have to at least try to have a normal life, and whatever that comes. We will fight it together''.

Nick gave her a nod. Then before he knew. She dragged him into a hug. He smiled and accepted it.

Nick looked at Landon. Landon was looking at his girlfriend and brother hugging. All he did was giving Nick a small smile and a nod. Then he walked away into the school.

To be continued