79 - Night at the Sanctuary

Start from the beginning

The next temple was not very different, as it was not uncommon for Shaina to find Shun in deep meditation, as Shaka did, but he was in the House of Libra. Always seated in front of the golden scales of Libra, which echoed to him a Golden Cosmo. She didn't quite understand why the Old Master of the Five Ancient Peaks had specifically requested Shun to train his Cosmo.

"He asks me to focus my cosmos to keep the scale always in perfect balance. It sounds simple, but it's actually incredibly difficult." he said, once, when he joined Shaina outside of his training hours in that temple.

Miro also always welcomed her with cordiality and, in fact, accompanied her through the House of Scorpio to the interior of the House of Sagittarius, where she noticed that he always felt very thoughtful about Aioros' testament. Mayura insisted on asking the Sanctuary's craftsmen not to touch a stone in that temple.

In the House of Capricorn, in front of the statue of Athena and the deformed warrior, it was not uncommon for her to find Shiryu without her armor using her hands and arms against a massive block of iron, as if trying to split it in half.

"It's not about brute force. You must break it like a sword!" shouted Aioria when he saw Shiryu only manage to manifest a few sparks of fire when touching the block.

In the Aquarius Temple, under the wonderful water light, all Shaina heard at times was Nicol's low-pitched humming and melismas as he studied or wrote. It was of all the smallest of the Zodiac Temples, so Shaina was soon crossing the devastated House of Pisces to the Temple of Athena. It always felt strange to be in such a prominent position, as she had become used to being the head of the most pedestrian guard in the Saga regime. She finally entered that time-eroded Temple.

Alice and Mayura were in Athena's dormitory preparing Saori, who would leave on another short trip; her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, she wore a cute button-down shirt and a long pale skirt

Alice and Mayura were in Athena's dormitory preparing Saori, who would leave on another short trip; her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, she wore a cute button-down shirt and a long pale skirt. She took the Golden Staff the moment Shaina appeared in the dormitory, as she would escort her.

"Try not to piss off any God." asked Alice.

"I'll try." she replied. "See you soon, Master Mayura."

"See you soon, Athena."

And, next to Mayura, Alice saw Saori disappear with Shaina. She took a deep breath, because she knew that a piece of her was leaving there too.

Then she heard the sound of Mayura's wheelchair rolling out too, but in another direction: to the Altar of Athena.

"I want to show you something." said the Master, whose chair was walking alone around the Temple.

Alice walked behind the Master into where they had never returned: the beautiful altar on which the terrible final battle between Saga and the Bronze Saints had taken place.

As soon as they entered, a beam of sunlight entered through a huge hole in the ceiling, for that place had never been touched by the craftsmen, so that it would always serve as a teaching to the Camerlengos and Pontiffs of the future of the result that greed could bring when combined with those important positions in the Order.