Chapter 69

January 2020

After the whole incident with Ciara, they thankfully only had two weeks left until filming wrapped. Ciara did as she was told and only spoke to Tom when it was needed. Anna knew Ciara keeping her distance probably had some to do with the death stares she was giving her but she was just glad she backed off. Tom and Anna were both ready to just get back home and finally enjoy their lives as a married couple.

About a week before filming had wrapped Robert Downey Jr had called Tom inviting him, along with Anna and Harry, to his home in New York for dinner. He knew that they were in Ohio and wanted to see them before they flew home to London. As soon as filming wrapped, they took the two hour flight to New York and were now at the Downey's front door.

As soon as he heard a knock at his door, Robert ran over to open it. "Anna! Tom! Harry! It's so good to see you all!" He brought each of them in for a big hug and welcomed them into his home. "I'll go show you to your rooms so you can get settled in and just come down whenever you're ready. Susan and I are just finishing up on dinner."

They were only staying over night so they had no need to unpack. They each just grabbed what they would need and went to take quick showers. About an hour later, they finally all walked downstairs together. No one was in the living room so they walked in to the dining room to see Robert and Susan setting the table with the help of their two youngest children.

"Exton! Avri!" Anna greeted.

"Anna!" they both ran over to tackle her in a hug. She had met them while she was visiting on the set of Avengers and they both loved her.

"Hi Susan!" Anna said as she walked over to hug Robert's wife after she was done with the kids. "Thank you so much for having us over."

"It is so lovely to see you all again," Susan smiled. "Thank you again for inviting me to your wedding. It was absolutely beautiful. And Robert was beyond thrilled when you asked him to walk you down the aisle."

"Oh thank you. And it was an absolute honor to have him do that."

"I never really thanked you for doing that for her Robert," Tom said. "It really meant the world to us."

"No need to thank me. It was one of the best moments of my life," Robert smiled fondly.

They all sat down and had a lovely meal together, catching up on the past few months. Tom even telling Robert and Susan all about his new movie. Once they were all done, Anna offered to help Susan clean up while the boys went to talk in the living room.

"So Anna how is married life treating you?" Susan asked as she washed the dishes, handing them over to Anna to dry.

"Well its only been about three months and we haven't really had a moment alone other than on our honeymoon. Tom went straight to Ohio after that and we had an argument about something. Then he came home for about a week for the holidays but we were around family most of the time. Then we flew back to Ohio together and had some issues with a costar of his," she said as she worked at drying the dishes. "So it's been hard," she breathed out.

"Oh honey I'm sorry," Susan said as she stopped what she was doing to dry her hands. She pulled Anna away from the dishes, leading her to the kitchen island, pulling out two chairs for them to sit at. "The first year is always the hardest but when you love each other it's worth it. And being married to an actor who travels a lot and has to be around a lot of beautiful women is not easy. There has to be a lot of trust and respect on both sides. And hopefully Tom will be home for a while now so that you can both really start to enjoy married life."

"I'm just ready to start my life with him," Anna smiled.

"I know this question always annoyed me when I first married Robert but I really want to know," Susan chuckled. "Are you planning on having kids in the future? I just know you two would have the cutest babies in the world!"

Anna couldn't help but giggle at the older woman's excitement. "I've been getting that question from my family for years so it doesn't really bother me anymore. But yes absolutely. I've always wanted to be a mom and I know Tom has always wanted to be a dad. I would love to be able to do that with him someday but I do want to enjoy marriage for at least a year though before we even start trying to have kids."

"That's a good idea. Enjoy your time together because once kids are involved it gets a lot harder to find time for just the two of you. But I for one can't wait until that day comes," she giggled.

"I will be sure to let you know when that day comes," Anna laughed. "But with his job, it's already hard to find time for just the two of us but luckily I work from my laptop so I am able to travel with him. And he doesn't have any projects until July so we'll have some time to just relax for a while."

Eventually the ladies joined the men in the living room where they all continued talking. This continued for a few more hours before they all went their separate ways to go to sleep. The next morning, they all ate breakfast and then Robert drove them to the airport. They all said their goodbyes and made their way back home to London.

***

Anna Holland posted a photo

annaholland my favorite family! thank you for having us over!tagged: @robertdowneyjr @susandowney

tagged: @robertdowneyjr @susandowney

robertdowneyjr well what a coincidence! you're my favorite family too!

monicaperez wow I am so jealous of your life