Chapter 54

December 2018

It was Christmas Eve and it was an early start at Tom's house. The ladies were up at 7 am to get started on all the food, drinks, and dessert they were going to be making for dinner. Since they were going to be busy in the kitchen, they had Tom and Harrison in charge of cleaning and decorating the house. Since Tom hadn't been home for about two months, his home was a little dusty and he hadn't been able to put up any Christmas decorations.

When the Hollands arrived, wonderful smells and the sounds of Spanish music filled the house. Tom and Harrison welcomed them in and led them to where the ladies were. They hadn't heard them arrive, so when they walked into the kitchen they found all the ladies dancing while they added the final touches to the food. Anna finally turned around and saw them all looking amused at the women dancing. Harry being closest to her, she grabbed him and started dancing with him. "C'mon Harry! I know you can do better than that!"

Soon enough they were all in the kitchen dancing together as they started taking the food to the dining area. "You guys better get used to this if you're gonna be coming over to our house cause I like to dance when I'm cooking and cleaning," Anna chuckled.

"It's not like we'll be seeing you guys that often though, you'll be living in LA won't you?" Harry said. Anna and Tom just smiled as they looked at his family.

"Wait. Are you guys going to be living here? In London?" Sam asked excitedly.

Anna and Tom just nodded. His family immediately ran to them, giving them all hugs. They were so happy that they would be living so close to them rather than on the other side of the world. They were also very excited to have Anna around. They really did love her and already saw her as family and were looking forward to getting to spend more time with her.

They were finally all sat down around the table eating what Anna and her family had made. Per Tom's request, they had made pupusas and tamales because he wanted his family to try them. They also made a lot of other food, including desserts and drinks.

"This is so delicious!" Paddy said.

"You guys really out did yourselves this year," Harrison said.

"Well it was only two of us cooking last year so it was nice to have help so we can make even more food for you all to try," Mila said.

"You guys really did make a lot of food. Is this just for us or are you feeding the whole neighborhood?" Sam chuckled.

"We're Latinas. It's what we do," Monica chuckled.

"It's in our blood to make sure our loved ones are fed, usually that means we cook way more than we need to," Maria laughed.

"Well you can expect us over here all the time if it means you'll be cooking like this," Harry laughed.

"Well it won't be as good as this since my mom was here to do most of it, but lucky for you she made enough for you to take leftovers," Anna said.

"Elena, I love you," Harry chuckled as he served himself seconds.

The rest of the night went great. They ate some more, they talked, played games, watched movies. But because they also had a long day tomorrow, they decided not to stay up until midnight to open gifts. They would do that tomorrow morning instead.

***

Paddy Holland posted a story