Chapter 45

May 2018

Anna's mom, Elena, had been trying to come over to Anna's house to cook for Tom pretty much since they got together. Being from London, he hadn't really been exposed to much Latin food. Now that Tom was in town for much longer and was on a break, they were finally able to plan a day to have her over. They had also invited Mila, Maria, and Monica since they had also wanted been wanting to hang out with the couple.

"Darling what time is everyone getting here?" Tom asked.

"They should be getting here any min-," she was interrupted by a knock on the door, "And there they are," she said as she made her way to answer the door. She opened it to see her mother and best friends.

"Mama!" Anna walked into her mother's arms. They always had a very good relationship with each other. Once Anna had moved out they didn't get to see each other as often. But Anna tried to visit at least every other week and talk on the phone as often as possible.

"Mija! How have you been?"

"I've been really good. Great actually," she said with a sheepish smile.

"I'm glad to hear it. Now where is Thomas?" Elena said smirking at her daughter.

"He's in the kitchen. Why don't you go say hi and we'll be right in," Elena nodded as she went into the kitchen to greet Tom and to start setting up to cook.

"Anna! We've missed you!" Maria said as she brought her in for a hug.

"I've missed you guys too!"

"It's been too long since we've seen you," Monica said.

"You guys know you're always welcome to come over. You know you've never needed an invitation to just walk in," Anna said with a slight chuckle.

"Well we know that but now you have Tom here," Monica said.

"Yeah and we don't want to accidentally walk in on you guys doing something since you guys are a couple of hornballs," Mila said bluntly causing all the girls to laugh.

"Well have you seen him," Anna said grinning at her friends. "But I get what you mean, it's different now but how about we make it a thing to see each other at least once a week. I'm sure he'd love to spend time with you guys too."

"We'd love that," Maria said as they all made their way into the kitchen.

"Hey Tom!"

"Hi ladies! How have you been?" he said, hugging each of them.

While they caught up, Anna helped Elena prepare the ingredients to start cooking.

"Are you all ready to start?" Elena asked, earning groans from all the girls and a cheer from Tom. "I appreciate the enthusiasm Thomas. I hope you girls didn't think I'd be just cooking for you while you did nothing," Elena raised her eyebrow up at them.

"No mama," they all groaned, making Tom and Elena chuckle. Tom was ready to start cooking, loving being able to learn from Elena how to make these new foods.

"So what exactly are we making?" Tom asked.

"Pupusas, they're a food from my family's home country, El Salvador," Elena said.

"Can you tell me about it?" Tom asked genuinely.

"Well my mother was born in El Salvador and my father in Mexico. They both immigrated here when they were kids and met in middle school. They got married right after graduating high school and had me a year later. We used to switch off going to visit El Salvador and Mexico every year. Sadly, they both died when Anna was still in high school." Elena went on to tell Tom more about her family as they continued cooking.

"Wow, well thank you for sharing all that with me. And this looks delicious I can't wait to try them."

Once they finished cooking and cleaning up their mess, they finally all sat together at the table. Elena served Tom and they all waited to see him try the food for the first time. As he took his first bite, his face lit up and a small moan escaped his mouth, "Oh my gosh this is delicious! Babe why haven't we had this before?"

Anna laughed as he continued to stuff his face, "Well I don't know how to make them without my mom's help," she chuckled. "But be happy my mom made enough for you to have more later."

"Elena I love you," he said before stuffing his face with more food.

"So Thomas now that I've told you all about me, now it's your turn. Tell me everything I need to know about you."

Tom went on to answer any questions that Elena had for him, even answering some that the girls asked him. Elena even shared some more with him, like stories of the girls when they were growing up. They both wanted to really get to know each other. Tom always really wanted to impress Elena. He had planned to eventually ask for her daughter's hand in marriage and wanted to make sure Elena actually liked him. Elena actually really loved Tom and knew he was perfect for her daughter.

When they finally finished eating, Elena and Anna went to clean the dishes while Tom and the girls went to the living room to watch a movie. Anna couldn't help but smile at how well the day had gone, her mom just smiling back at her daughter's expression. Anna noticed her mom staring at her, "What?"

"You just look so happy," Elena said as she tried to hold back her tears. "I don't think I've ever seen you like this. You have no idea how much joy it brings me to see you smile this much."

"Well it's all thanks to Tom mama. He makes me happier than I ever thought I could be," Anna said now with tears falling from her eyes. "I just love him so much."

Elena brought her into a hug, "I'm so happy for you mija. I can see how much he loves you. He looks at you like he adores everything about you. You two are perfect for each other."

"Thanks mama. It means a lot to hear you say that."

***

Tom Holland posted a story