Chapter 31

Jennie

I take the stairs and once I'm out of Lisa's sight I sprint up all three stories, running off some of my anxiety. By the time I make it to my apartment, my rational side has taken over and now I'm worried about Jisoo. I'm suddenly not so sure telling her about the kiss is a good idea. Holy fuck. What do I do? I need to tell somebody.

Fuck it, I need to tell her. She and Hae-in will know what to do. Is she with him now? I pick up the phone and dial. It goes to her voicemail, which provokes me to leave the most raging, panicked and psychotic message known to man.

"God damn it, Jisoo, I need you to answer your fucking phone! Don't you realise I'm having a crisis over here? Get off Hae-in's nuts for two seconds and support your fucking friend. Damn it!" I slam the phone down, chest heaving from my tirade and mini-marathon up the stairs. No one can say I didn't work out today.

I need to chill out. I need...ooohh, wine! I grab the bottle of Pinot Noir off the counter and chug what's left straight out of the bottle.

My phone rings, and I swipe it from the counter. It's Jisoo, thank gosh.

"What the fuck is your problem?" she bellows as soon as I answer. "I was using the fucking bathroom. Are you okay? What the fuck is going on? Are you hurt?" She's completely freaking out.

Way to go, Jennie. If there's a way to make a situation worse I'm sure to find it.

"No, I'm not hurt," I quickly assure her.

"Then what the hell was all that about? I about lost my shit over here. Are you still with Lisa?"

"How'd you know I was with Lisa?"

"Hae-in told me....holy shit! Did you sleep with her!?"

"No!!"

"Don't fucking lie to me, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim..."

"I didn't sleep with her! I just..." It sort of pains me to say it. "Ikindofkissedher." I blurt the rest out in one mumbled breath.

"You what? Did you say you kissed her?"

"Um, yeah."

She lets out a loud sigh of relief. "Oh."

"Oh?"

"A kiss isn't so bad."

"It's not?"

She pauses. "Are you sure you didn't sleep with her?" she demands.

"Yes! I'm sure."

"Then what the hell are you freaking out about?"

"I kissed her, Jisoo!"

"So?"

"So!?"

"A kiss is nothing! Haven't you ever played spin the bottle? Seven minutes in heaven?"

She doesn't understand. "This was not a spin the bottle type of kiss, Jisoo."

"Well, is that all you did?"

"Yes... what else would we do?"

I can just imagine her rolling her eyes as she huffs into the receiver. "Lots of things. Were you both fully clothed?"

"Yes."

"Good. Where were you when it happened?"

"Outside. I walked her to her car."

"Oh... so a good-bye kiss?"

"Yes..."

"Well that's nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

"So there's no harm in doing it again?" I ask hopefully.

"Jennie!" she admonishes me. "Was it that good?"

There's a small bit of leftover lasagne. I put the lid over it and slide it into the refrigerator, sighing. "It was better than good."

"There's nothing wrong with kissing, Jennie," she confirms. "I'd totally get me some of that. And it's not part of the bet, so it's not like you're letting her win. But Jennie?"

"Hmm?"

"Just be careful, okay? People like her are... dangerous to girls like you."

"Girls like me?" I'm a little offended.

"Good girls," she quickly clarifies. "Nice girls. Girls who respect themselves."

As offended as I want to be, she's right. I am a good girl. I don't party, do drugs, or sleep around. I have a steady job. My only vice is an occasional foul word... or few. But that's Jisoo's fault; she brings out the sailor in me.

Someone like Lisa Manoban don't go for girls like me. She's incredibly sexy, wealthy, and self-assured. She can kiss like it's nobody's business. She makes me feel things in my tummy that no person ever has before.

And I need to enjoy it while it lasts, because she won't be around for long.