Chapter 27

Jennie

Uh oh. Lisa looks mad. Maybe I've pushed her too far. Holy shit, what do I do now?

I clear my throat softly, but she doesn't seem to hear. She's distracted, running both hands through her mop of hair, and I can practically feel her frustration radiating across the room.

I'm a little nervous, to be perfectly honest. She's incredibly sexy, I'll admit, but I don't really know this person. I've never seen her interact with other people, unless you count our servers. And I've never met any of her friends, unless you count Kai.

Then, in a rush of relief, I remember Hae-in. Oh, thank fucking gosh. Hae-in said mostly nice things about Lisa. He made her out to be a decent person when overlooking her womanising qualities. And for some reason unbeknownst to me, I trust that big oaf. Jisoo really seems to like him, at least, and I trust her judgment.

I find the bottle opener in one of my drawers. "Lisa," I finally say, "will you come open the wine?"
I nearly expect her to stand up and start screaming at me. What will I do if she does? Will I stand here and take it... will I apologise?

I feel a little frustrated as well. This is already too complicated for me. Fuck no I'm not apologising. She made a bet on me - as far as I'm concerned, a year's' worth of cock blocking wouldn't be enough to make up for that.

She stands up and - I swear on the tallest stack of bibles - she adjusts her boner right in front of me, sneaking in a glare as she does. Yeah, she's obviously not happy.

But her voice is surprisingly calm.

"Sure, Jennie."

She walks to the kitchen and silently takes the wine opener. When I catch her gaze, I'm met with a stony stare. I turn away, flushing, and busy myself by retrieving the wine from the refrigerator. She takes it without a word.

Damn, this has quickly turned into the most awkward moment of my life. I should have just fucking kissed her. It's practically all I've thought about for the whole weekend. And kissing most certainly isn't fucking - there'd be no harm in it, right?

While she opens the wine I pull the lasagne from the oven, it's delicious smell immediately wafting throughout the kitchen. I'm momentarily distracted.

"Mmm. This smells good."

I hear the pop as the cork is removed from the wine bottle. "Do you have any wine glasses?" Her tone is monotone.

I sigh and pull two glasses from one of my top cabinets. My wrist isn't hurting, but it seems my happy buzz from the pills has completely worn off. Lisa doesn't even look at me as she takes the glasses.

"Can you please stop that?" I finally demand, exasperated.

She finally makes eye contact, her eyes impassive. "Stop what?"

Yeah... like you don't fucking know. Jerk.

Feeling bold, I reply, "If you have something to say to me, then just say it."

She pours me a small glass of wine and hands it over in silence. I want to protest - right now I feel like I could use the whole bottle - but I have more pressing matters to attend to.

"Are you mad at me?"

She looks at me curiously, taking a sip from her own glass. "Why would I be mad at you?"

Honestly? "Because I gave you a boner and didn't follow through."

She nearly chokes on her wine. I'm happy to have finally gotten a response from her.

"So is that it, then?" I ask bitterly, although it wouldn't take a genius to figure it out. Of course, that's it.

She now looks cross, a mixture of anger, disbelief, and frustration. "So you know what you're doing, then? All that..." she gestures towards the sofa, "...was on purpose?"

Damn it. This is certainly a conversation Inever wanted to have. I'm obviously not nearly as suave as I think I am.There's no way I can pull this off for two weeks - I'm sure to either give in,spontaneously combust, or burst into flames at the sight of Lisa's stony glare.