Chapter 8

Lisa

"Okay..." she says slowly. Her tone quickly turns casual again. "So what about your adoptive parents, then?"

"Well, Chitthip is an interior decorator and Marco is a surgeon."

"What kind of surgeon?"

"General."

"Do you have any brothers and sisters?"

"Yes, I have a sister."

"What does she do?"

"She's in school for fashion. She wants to be a designer."

"Where does she go to school?"

Fuck at the twenty questions... I'd much rather have the attention turned back to her. She's relentless, though - I can't get a question in edgewise.

"In Melbourne. She goes to the Art Institute. What about you - any brothers or sisters?"

"Nope. Only child. How do you know Hae-in?"

Christ she's persistent... wait a second..."How do you know Hae-in?"

"I don't, but he was feeling up my best friend all night."

"Who? The blonde?"

Jennie glares at me. It's actually kind of... cute. Making her mad could be kind of fun...

"Her name is Jisoo," she snaps. She stares at me expectantly. "Well?"

"We've been friends since high school," I answer. She seems content with my answer, returning her attention to her plate again. She's nearly wiped it clean.

"So you say your mother is from Busan and your father is from Daegu - what brings you to Seoul?"

"The Korea Herald," she answers quickly. "And I didn't want to be too far from my dad."

I raise an eyebrow. "You and your mother don't get along?"

"No, no, we do," she assures. "But she has Richard and gets to travel and my dad... he doesn't really have anyone..." She suddenly looks uncomfortable, which is interesting. "I don't know," she mumbles.

"I understand," I say. "It's nice that you want to be near your family."

The server comes to collect our plates, and Jennie orders another glass of wine and a chocolate "Lovers" cake for us to share. She's loosening up - she sits back in her seat and lazily pats her stomach while complaining that she's stuffed. Then the cake arrives and her eyes grow as big as saucers.

"Holy shit," she says, so loudly that a guest at a nearby table looks over, affronted. "I think I've died and gone to cake heaven."

I laugh. "Maybe you should try it. You know - never judge a cake by its frosting and all that." I go to hand her a spoon but she takes me by surprise by quickly sitting up, leaning in, and dipping a finger deep inside the centre of the chocolate mousse. She brings it between her lips and moans, sucking her finger seductively, her eyes fixed steadily on mine.

Holy... fuck...

Damn, this girl is going to be fun. I bet she's a Goddess in the bedroom. I'm extremely thankful she refused Kai, as I'd never willingly go where that fucker's been. How did she even consider seeing that guy, anyway?

"God," she says, moaning again. "That's so good." She chases the chocolate with a large drink of Pinot Noir. "Aren't you going to have some?"

I clear my throat and shift, feeling my erection straining uncomfortably against the fabric of my pants. Holy shit, I need to relax. Think of something gross... Kai... Katrina Bobbitt... Hae-in's hairy toes...

I quickly take a bite, hoping to play off my little moment. Jennie's watching me closely, a tiny smirk on her lips - God, what I'd do to get inside that head of hers right now. What is she thinking?

"Good, huh?" she prompts, smiling widely. She uses the spoon and takes a big bite of her own.

"Mmm hmm," I moan, and because two can play at this game. I lean close, my voice low, and add, "It's quite... orgasmic."

Her breath hitches and she flushes and lowers her eyes. Back to the wine again - she downs what's left.

"Would you like another glass of wine?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow. Perhaps I should have gotten her own bottle. She quickly shakes her head.

"No, I think I've had enough."

We both eat a bit more as the server drops off our check and I pay. While waiting for her to return my card, Jennie takes a particularly large bite and gets some chocolate in the corner of her mouth.

She leaves it there, oblivious.

I find myself wanting to lick it off. Then perhaps we can do more with the chocolate...