Chapter 49

Jennie

"Here. Just call her!" Jisoo slurs. Her drink is sloshing every which-way as she thrusts my phone at me - she's dangerously close to giving us all a margarita shower. I take it from her hand and set it carefully on the table.

"Jisoo, you're drunk."

"Nuh uh! I'm just getting started. Now call her!" Without giving me a chance to respond she snatches up my phone again. "Here, I'll dial the number."

"Jisoo!" I nearly hurl myself across the table trying to take the phone from her. She stealthily dodges my attack again - she's a very limber drunk. I look pointedly at Mino.

"Are you just going to sit there and let her do this?" I shout at him.

He holds up his hands in surrender. "You know I don't get between Jisoo when she's drunk."

Jisoo smirks triumphantly, and before I know what's happening she's thrusting the phone at my face again.

"It's ringing," she whispers loudly. Holy fuck.

"Jisoo!!" I nearly have a coronary and die. I'm two seconds away from hanging up the phone and pulling the "oh-it-must-have-dialled-in-my-purse" excuse when a female voice answers. I freeze with my finger over the end button, shocked to my core. Oh no, she fucking didn't...

I put the phone to my ear and snap, "Hello?" even though she'd already said it. The girl is affronted.

"Who's this?" she asks.

"Who's this?" I respond.

She's not pleased by my tone. Good. "I asked you first," she says.

I figure it's one of Lisa's little conquests. I'm so angry all I want to do is fuck up her night. I immediately blurt, "I'm Lisa's girlfriend."

A short pause follows. "Girlfriend?" the girl finally says. "Lisa said she doesn't have a girlfriend."
"Yeah, well, she lied," I say snidely. "We've been dating for a week." I realize how stupid I sound after the words have already left my mouth. Mino is stifling his laughter behind his hand, clearly amused, and I send death-glares his way - this is the fucking opposite of funny. I'm infuriated. Jisoo is staring at me, mouth agape, clearly as astonished as I am.

"Oh," says the girl, and she sighs loudly.

"Yeah, so, she's cheating on you. Just so you know," I continue sourly.

"Oh!" She sounds surprised. "I'm not his girlfriend. I'm his sister."

The pieces suddenly start clicking into place. My anger slowly dissipates to be replaced by surprise.

"His sister?"

"Yeah, I'm Rosé. Is this Irene?"

Hold the fuck up!

"Irene?" I'm raging mad all over again. She gives a gasp of surprise.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. I swear I don't think sometimes. I was thinking you didn't sound like Irene, too..." She sounds panicked as she shoves her foot further into her mouth. I hear another voice in the background - I'm not sure if it's Lisa, but she soon answers the unspoken question for me. "Here's Lisa, okay? I'm sorry." The phone is handed off - I'm seething mad.

"Hello?" Lisa's voice is cautious; I wonder if she heard Rosé's little blunder. I realize it doesn't matter.

"Who's Irene?" I immediately demand. A short pause follows.

"She's a friend," Lisa answers warily.

"Then why the fuck would your sister think a girl claiming to be your girlfriend is her?" Normally, I would never admit that I claimed to be her girlfriend - because that's obviously not the case - but I'm so angry I don't even care. I slam money down on the table, anxious to step out of the restaurant so that I don't disturb other diners in my fury. Jisoo and Mino watch me in silence, their eyes wide with apprehension. I don't give them a backward glance as I make my way outside.