Chapter 91

Jennie

Everything is so bright. So white. So pristine.

Even Lisa. Dressed all in white, even with spotless shoes, she's stunning. Her hair, in its usual state of disarray, is sharper in contrast. Her usually fair skin looks more tan. Her brown eyes glimmer.

She looks at me from where she stands, and I face her from several yards away. She lifts a finger and crooks it towards herself. Very come hither. And me? Well, come hither I most certainly do. I'm at her side in a flash.

Fuck subtlety.

I look up into her eyes. They're dark and smouldering, regarding me hungrily. They make me tingle in a completely different, albeit wonderful, way. She closes her eyes when I stroke her chin and sighs against my hand.

"Jennie."

Just the sound of my name, the way it rolls from her tongue, makes my drawers twitch as they threaten to drop. What the hell? And I always thought that was just an expression....

She moves in closer, her knuckles ghosting across my cheek. I unconsciously take one step backwards and run into something hard. I frown because there had been nothing there before. When I turn, I see a desk.

I'm confused. There's a desk, here, in this vast expanse of brightness. Just us and a desk.

When I turn back to Lisa, she smiles. She seems completely at ease with the strange appearance of the desk and leans forward to kiss me softly on the lips.

"I've waited so long for this," she whispers. I thrill at her words.

She grabs the back of my thighs and hoists me onto the desk. She stands between my legs and kisses me roughly, almost painfully, but I urge her on by tugging her hair with equal force and passion. She leans into me until I'm lying back on the desk, her body over mine. Then she's kissing me again, her lips attacking my neck, my shoulders. She's sucking and biting and nipping, her movements more agitated than the night before. It's painful, yet it's pleasurable, and I take it.

And then, suddenly, she's inside of me. She fills me completely, so fully that my eyes roll to the heavens and I loudly groan. I hadn't even been aware that I was naked, but who am I to complain?

My senses seem heightened. I can feel every single inch. She lays over me, covering my body with her own.

"You feel so good," she says, and her breath is hot in my ear. I want to speak - I open my mouth, try to say the words - but I can't.

"It's about fucking time," she says, grunting with exertion. "I was starting to think you'd never let me fuck you."

My heart, which is already beating at a frantic pace, seems to gain more speed.

"I told Kai," she goes on. "I told him this would be the easiest bet I've ever won. I mean, God, I could tell from across the room that you're clingy. Desperate." Lisa slams into me harder. "So desperate."

Her words hurt, slicing me from the inside out. I want to speak, to cry, to scream, but I can't - I feel like I'm being crushed. I feel like there's a heavy weight on my chest, preventing me from breathing or moving.

I start to panic - I finally manage to suck in a lung-full of air and half of Lisa's hair comes with it, choking me in my throat.

I awake with a jolt, coughing and sputtering, only to quickly assess my surroundings. I still can't breathe, and with good reason – Louis is perched right on top of my chest, ass in my face, an enormous mountain of grey fur obstructing my view. His tail swishes across my mouth - my mouth which sucks up his fur like a hoover vacuum every time I inhale.

"Jesus Christ!" I sputter. I shove the offensive animal off my chest and take several huge gulps of air.

"Are you kidding? Are you trying to suffocate me in my sleep?" I yell, but the only response I get is his back end, tail straight in the air, slipping through the bedroom door as he disappears from my room.

I'm feeling nervous as I lie back down. The dream had just seemed so real. And who was I to know that the pudgy cat would try to whack me in my sleep, during a nightmare no less? I really need to shut my door and possibly lock it.

I toss and turn for a few minutes. Eventually I get up to pee, only to discover a huge stink pile in Louis' litter box which clogs up my toilet when I try to flush it. I spend the next ten minutes plunging and cursing and wishing I was back in my nightmare, because at least then I was actually getting some sort of pleasure.

But as I lie down again, the thought leaves me in a rush. I don't feel that way at all, and the thought of Lisa saying those things is nauseating.

But she didn't say them. Not really. I recall this over and over, remembering the way she felt pressed against me just hours before, the way she rubbed me and held me and was just there.

I begin to calm, and after a while I put my worries behind me and sleep.