Chapter Fifty One • Find Our Way Back

𝙅𝙖𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

Luna's been avoiding me for the last few days. The other night I should've worded it better. It's not that I don't wanna take the next step, I just think it's too early.

After everything I went through with Emma I hooked up with so many girls that I lost count. I thought that being with them would make me forget about what happened to me but I was wrong, it made everything feel worse.

I'm not saying that Luna was using me to make herself feel better, I just think she's trying to convince herself everything's back to normal when it isn't. I want her to be able to think clearly before we jump back into anything.

And in order for that to happen, Kyle needs to be dead. They all need to be dead.

"Any word on Sofia's whereabouts?" I ask Lily as she sits behind a computer hacking shit.

"No, it's like she doesn't even exist." She murmurs. "Where's Luna?"

I didn't tell her what we're doing.

Did you not learn from last time?

"Seriously Jax, you're lying to her again?" Oliver asks from across the room.

"Yeah, he is. It's a good thing my brother wasn't being a fucking idiot this time." Luna says walking into the room as she glares at me.

Looks like I'm sleeping on the fucking couch.

"You told her?" I mutter to Damien.

"I told you I wasn't lying to my sister anymore, she doesn't deserve that shit." He says walking past me and sits down next to her.

"Someone catch me up on what's going on." Luna speaks as her eyes scan us.

"Luna I really don't think you're ready-" I start, only to be cut off by her.

"I'm a grown woman, I think I'm capable of deciding what I am and what I'm not ready for."

That totally has a double meaning.

I guess we're out of the honeymoon stage, but I'd rather have her be mad at me than not have her at all.

"We have Matteo, Emma and Kyle secured in the basement until further orders. We're currently looking for Sofia." Xander speaks.

"Don't worry about Sofia, I've already spoken to her. She won't be an issue." Luna says.

"You've spoken to her? Why the fuck didn't you tell me." I ask with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh? I didn't know we're telling each other everything now."

Okay, I deserved that.

"I want to see Kyle."

Everyone goes quiet as we look at each other.

"Luna, no." I say as I get closer to her.

"Yeah Luna, I kinda gotta agree with Jax on this one." Xander speaks wearily.

"I'm so sick and tired of you all treating me like a fucking child! I've been dealing with Kyle long before I met all of you, I can deal with him now." She yells as she stands up and storms towards the basement.

"Luna please, don't." I call out as I run behind her.

She turns around to face me as she looks up at me and speaks lowly.

"The last time I saw Kyle was when he left me to die, again. Every single day I keep looking behind my shoulder because I think he's going to show up and take me again!"