Chapter Thirty Nine • Meant to Be

(trigger warning:this chapter will contain sexual assault so please skip it if that makes you uncomfortable)

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

It's been two months since Kyle kidnapped me.

One month since I've been brought back down to the basement.

One month since I've seen Asher.

The day I got kidnapped was March 10th which means it would've been around April 10th when I got brought down here which means it's around May 10th.

Maybe. I don't know, I suck at math.

This past month has been mind numbing. Kyle still thinks I need to be taught a lesson for all the years I spent away from him, all the time I spent with Jax. I've been tortured in more ways than I thought were possible. My body is bound to a chair in the middle of a dimly lit cell, all of my clothes removed besides my bra and underwear. I haven't eaten a proper meal in God knows how long. Kyle gives me a piece of bread and a little bit of water every two weeks so I don't die of starvation or dehydration. I can't feel my arms or legs, the pins and needle feeling faded away about a week ago, the feeling of nothing lies in its place now.

Everyday Kyle and his men come in to 'teach me my lesson' as he likes to put it. My body is caked in dry blood, my face badly beaten and swollen. My back is covered in deep cuts. At this point I'll either die from blood loss or infection. Sofia comes to visit me, repeatedly apologizing for what she did. Apparently Kyle caught her trying to contact my family and she lied to him saying I was planning on escaping and that she was playing along so Kyle could do exactly what he did. She tells me Kyle kept his part of the deal, that Asher has his own room and that he's being home schooled. She said Asher's not himself, that he stopped talking to everyone, that he cries himself to sleep every night as he calls out my name.

"Hello princess." Kyle speaks as he walks into the cell. "Are you going to finally talk to me today?"

I haven't spoken a word since the night he brought me back down here. I'm not even sure if I'd recognize my own voice if I were to talk, not sure if I can even speak at this point.

"I guess that's a no." He mutters under his breath.

He pulls a chair from the side of the room over to sit in front of me, lifting my head up as he looks into my dead eyes. His eyes trail over my entire face, gulping down the lump that forms in his throat.

"I hate doing this to you princess, please just talk to me." He pleads, letting out a huff at my lack of response. "Luna please, I don't want to keep hurting you. It breaks my heart seeing you like this."

I stay silent as I stare ahead at the wall in front of me.

"I guess I'll have to do this the hard way." He says standing up as he makes his way over to the table of tools, picking up a knife.

He makes his way behind me as he does something I never would've expected. He cuts the rope that binds my hands and legs.

"Stand up," He says. "If you can stand up and make you're way over to the door without falling over, I'll let you and the stupid kid go."

I sit there for a moment, thinking over the possible outcomes. I know my body is too weak to even move, let alone stand up and walk a few feet to the door. But if this is my only chance to get Asher away from here, my only chance to make it back to my family, then I'm gonna take it.

I try to move my hands to grip the arms of the chair, the numb feeling still present as my grip is weak. I sit there for a minute as I try regaining the feeling in my legs. Kyle stands behind me silently watching me. I take in a deep breath as I begin to push myself off of the chair, the urge to scream out in agonizing pain fills my throat. I push it down, not willing to let Kyle see that he's broken me, not willing to let him think he's won. After what feels like hours I finally manage to stand up on my shaky legs.